Not open for further replies.

d0pefish

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Country
England
Region
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Looking for a 64MB PC100 SODIMM for my Toshiba Pentium I MMX hacktop, to bring it up to its maximum of - OMG - 96 MEGABYTINGS. :)

Can anyone help? :LOL:

Cheers :)

I think I have a pair of 64mb SODIMMs in my IBM Thinkpad, I'm going to break it for spares since its old and pretty much dead.

I'll check tonight and let you know :cool:

Steve.

Awesome, thanks Steve :)

Would you want anything for it, or just a quid or so to cover postage? :)

Cheers mate,
-Dale

Awesome, thanks Steve :)

Would you want anything for it, or just a quid or so to cover postage? :)

Cheers mate,
-Dale
Hi Dale,

If its the right one than you can have it for £2 inc P&P :cool:

Will take a pic and upload it later.

Steve.

More than happy with that - many thanks. (y)

Will get another look at the the laptop's RAM slot just to double check tonight, there are many types of slotting for SODIMMs... :unsure:

Hi!,

I pulled one of the SODIMMs from my IBM 600E, here is what I have (stock photo) Kingston Ram:

6325737497184375001_KTC-A7800-64z.JPG
spacer.gif
- 64MB PC100 144-pin SDRAM SODIMM Memory Module - KTC-A7800/64-CE

If that suitable, PM me and we'll go from there :cool:

Arrived today, many thanks.

Sadly, looks like I asked for the wrong type. It fits in, but the laptop doesn't see it, and I think it's because it needs the older EDO type rather than SDRAM.

Bugger.

Never mind, thanks anyway :)

Anyone have some EDO? :Doh:

Sorry about that :(

If you want to send it back to me, I'll issue a refund. My return address wasn't on the package so I'll drop you a PM.

Steve.

Thanks Steve, I have replied to confirm :)

I'm sorry for wasting your time on this - unfortunately it's hard to find documentation on this laptop as it doesnt seem to be a very popular model (Toshiba Portege 320CT). I appreciate being able to try this SODIMM out though - very kind of you to offer me a refund mate. (y)

Having done a little more digging, MemoryTen shows its 320CT compatible part as being EDO, hence my belief as to why this hasn't worked.

Could a moderator please re-tag my thread as Wanted rather than Found? :) Thanks!

No problem at all, always glad to help any way I can.

Hope you find the right one soon (y)

Let's dust off this old thread :)

Started using my old laptop again and remembered it really could do with some RAM.

Looking for a 64MB EDO SODIMM - can you help? :)

Cheers!

I found something very SODIMM'ish in my box o' RAM, no idea if it's EDO or what but all I can see is it has 100 and 128 written on the sticker so one can only asume it's 100Mhz and 128MB however, i've no idea if it's the right sort you are after. I know your asking for 64Mb but I tohught i'd let you know. (y)

Yours for nout if your interested. ;)

P.s. I have reason to believe it came from and old(ish) Macbook.

Attachments

• IMG_3922.jpg
    IMG_3922.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks mate but it's gonna be too new!

This is an old Pentium I laptop that I use for MS-DOS hacking and old games etc. Since I use Windows 98 on it sometimes it'd be nice to have the extra RAM as it only has 32MB! :)

The max capacity is 96MB after adding the extra 64, and it must be EDO RAM, so it's older than SDRAM, DDR, DDR2 etc.

A little tricky to find these days - I see some on the other bay but I thought I'd check here first.

Shoot, nevermind. Il keep my eyes and ears open for any Laptop EDO's. :) The only EDO's I have sadly are standard 72Pin SIMM types. :shrug:

Best of luck...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom