Amiga 4000D Capacitor Restoration (worklog)

theyre certainly not your average tat from Maplin.

I seem to remember you moaning about Maplin when you visited me to collect those [unfortunately faulty] SID chips from me :p

theyre certainly not your average tat from Maplin.
I seem to remember you moaning about Maplin when you visited me to collect those [unfortunately faulty] SID chips from me :p

Ah yes :D

I seem to moan about Maplin a lot - sorry :p
I have to agree with Craplin, I mean Maplin products.

Thats a great peice of work, the neatest cap replacement I have ever come across. (y)

Skynet themselves were actually very helpful (they are still a big name in OEM PSU manufacturing) and kindly searched their archives for a complete schematic and Bill of Materials for the model used in the Amiga 4000, which they provided me with. I can now use it to identify any problems in future and find the correct components for any further servicing.

Is there any chance you could post the schematics in the thread for others to refer to in th future?

Another fantastic job Dopefish! If you dont mind me asking, how do you get the "insert disk" screen to display 3.5 ROM? I thought the last ROMs you could buy are 3.1s?

Nice piece of work (y) - I am doing the same still waiting for the large ones to arrive.

Just sheer class. What else can be said?.....

Awesome work d0pefish. I like your style. (y)

Kin

d0pefish: I'm about to recap an A4000/040 and would like to know if you wouldn't mind could you share your parts list for the replacement caps you used?

Thanks!

Nice thread Dale, do you fancy doing some cap replacements on my 2000 PSU? It could probably do with an overhaul - must be 6 years older than your 4000 one! :unsure:

Hi hooverphonique:

My A4000 has a "Taiwan Liton" PSU.. I've started putting together a capacitor parts list (the small ones on the daugtherboard are not on it (yet)).

list:
https://docs.google.com/a/bruder.dk...ZF1jG-b2dG5RcGI3ODF0MWZYTExKNjZEci1pdVE#gid=0

I've listed those also from my Liteon:

c40 - 1 uF , 450v through hole - electrolytic (that's missing on your list)

C1 - 0.68uF , 250VAC "x2 class" Polyester (PET)

daghuter:

all through hole - electrolytic

C44,C46 - 22uF , 16V each
C31,C38 - 22uF , 16V each
c56 - 10uF , 50v
C11 - 10uF , 50v
c10 - 2.2uF , 50V

Do they match to your Liteon ones ? as I've catch the values without desoldering them, so perhaps I'm wrong.

I'm also interested in recap mine. :)

Last edited:
can anyone confirm that these two are right type?

www.elfadistrelec.no

Art.-nr.11086296Serie
Kapasitans0.68 µF
DielektriskMetallisert polypropylenfilm

TypeECQUAAF684K
Merkespenning275 VAC
Bredde10 mm

Panasonic Automotive & Industrial Systems
Kapasitanstoleranse±10%
Høyde17 mm

Pitch22.5
Lengde26 mm

Temperaturområde-40...+110 °C
ø d0.8 mm

Art.-nr.11086287Serie
Kapasitans0.22 µF
DielektriskMetallisert polypropylenfilm

TypeECQUAAF224KA
Merkespenning275 VAC
Bredde7.5 mm

ProdusentPanasonic Automotive & Industrial Systems
Kapasitanstoleranse±10%
Høyde14 mm

Pitch15
Lengde17.5 mm

Temperaturområde-40...+110 °C
ø d0.6 mm

Last edited:
yes this caps are correct , but my ask sound , why are you replace X2 polypropylene capacitors ?
this caps are for long life never leak or other damage !! this kind of caps are not for replace

strange

yes this caps are correct , but my ask sound , why are you replace X2 polypropylene capacitors ?
this caps are for long life never leak or other damage !! this kind of caps are not for replace

strange

I came across this thread where they had been replaced, but if it is not necessary then it's no point
but thanks for the information

off course you can replace :) your money your time , but really not necessary

Back
Top Bottom