PDA

View Full Version : 1200 pr0n for Zetro

Justin
8th November 2008, 12:19
Hi all,
i am in the process of modding my a1200 (courtesy of Zetro) so i thought i'd share the details with you and update this post as and when steps are completed......enjoy :D

ok 1st it's black lol i have even painted the inside and the shielding as i didn't like the shielding showing through the back ports area.
notice the extra hole towards the back? what could be going there? lol
also i've cut the trap door about a bit (1st time using a dremmel so ignore the rough and ropey edges and slips lol)

....Title edited from pron to pr0n.... - Kin :wink:

update decided where to mount the cf card and made a foam insulated block to raise it level and make sure its help firmly in place, also decided to do the psu as well it annoyed me being beige ;o)

Justin
8th November 2008, 13:01
i've seen that you can remove the modulator from the 1200, are there any problems with doing this? and does anyone have some step by step instructions (with pics if poss) of what needs to be desoldered?
thanks in advance, JuvUK

Kin Hell
8th November 2008, 13:06
I am sure our Professor of Hacknology will be only too glad to tell the science! :mrgreen:

davideo
8th November 2008, 13:37
@juvUK

While you wait for Zetr0 you could always have a look at this thread http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=40439 on EAB

Dave G 8)

Zetr0
8th November 2008, 13:43
'elo m8y,

y'know the more I see it the better looking that black looks... and I thought I looked great before!!!

removing the RF unit from the motherboard is not to difficult using a little solder flux / flux paste and hot air from either a paint stripper or a proper bit of hot - re work station ;)

you may need to take some of the ferocity out of the gun, so a little beating and shaping a coke can can help you with that m8

(idea courtesy of our resident wizard Merlin ;) :D)

@Davideo

Niiiceee linkie.... :D

Justin
8th November 2008, 13:46
@ davideo

great links, thanks m8, but i still can't see exactly what needs removing (total novice here) i can see three pins? on the back of the modulator and i think there are two more underneath? one at the front and ont at the back? hmmm don't want to remove the wrong bit lol :oops:

Justin
8th November 2008, 14:51
more pics

Kin Hell
8th November 2008, 17:01
@ JuvUK

The Modulator is that flat tin lid affair. In the First Pic of the Indivision link, m8y removed his modulator & ported the Indivision in place of the Modulator & it's crap output port. Pretty f'kin slick tbh! :wink:

Anyways, thats the area you need to look at on the back of the board. I spect the lid lifts off with bendy tangs (most did) & you should be able to suss out which Solder points you need to attack!

I can almost hear Zeets scampering around his workstation getting some better idea together for you! I cant help here as I have no access to pics or Hardware. Soz!

Zeets is a very very busy man atm too! He's stretched all over the place! :shock:

Do it with runny honey Zeets....It'll be all okay in the end! :D

Justin
8th November 2008, 17:22
is that a CF card i see? :D

Justin
8th November 2008, 18:54
psu now the correct colour 8)

davideo
8th November 2008, 22:34
@Davideo

Niiiceee linkie.... :D

@Zetr0

Not as nice as the link I'm trying to make between my floppy power lead and my Cf adaptor :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave G 8)

Zetr0
9th November 2008, 01:42
DOH!!!!

sorry m8, I completely forgot, I shall get on in the morning my friend.

Zetr0
9th November 2008, 01:42
@JuvUK

my friend, that PSU looks Awesome in Black!!!!!

davideo
9th November 2008, 11:10
DOH!!!!

sorry m8, I completely forgot, I shall get on in the morning my friend.

No problems - I just couldn't resist the hint :lol: :lol:

Dave G 8)

Justin
9th November 2008, 13:49
it lives!!!!!!!

don't know why sysinfo thinks my 060 is a 040? hmmmmmm

Kin Hell
9th November 2008, 15:33
SysInfo was never Updated after 3.24 to Include the 060 CPU m8. That's why you are seeing it as an 040!
Speed test isn't accurate either but you should be lots faster than an 040 @ 25Mhz. :wink:

Justin
13th November 2008, 19:50
update, likkle rubber feet :D

Zetr0
13th November 2008, 19:54
NIiIIIiIiiiiiiiCE!!!!!!!! :D

PhilipMcD
6th November 2009, 22:11
In one of the IndyECS threads I posted a picture of my A600 with the modulator removed and a VGA bracket heavily super-glued in its place.

My idea was to put the Indy VGA output where the modulator would usually go to create as little cosmetic modifications to the external case as possible!

playgeneration
7th November 2009, 10:03
I'm really liking how a 1200 looks in black, very nice indeed. How did you manage to get a black keyboard? surely you didn't paint the normal 1200 one? Is it from a CDTV? and if so is that hard to wire up?

Justin
7th November 2009, 10:12
i have painted a standard keybeard black check out the Ferrari 1200 thread, or photo booth, but this was a cdtv key swap (as in just swap the keys over)

cheers, JuvUK