IDE68k or similar with accelerator in B2000

Revival9001

AmiBayer
Country
UK
Region
Scotland
Hello,

There's something I've been wondering about.

I saw the IDE68k and thought it was a rather cool idea. But then I wondered if it would be possible to use it in an Amiga B2000 with a 68030 accelerator, which is on my to-buy list for the near future.

I don't know much about how it works, but my guess is that since the 68k wouldn't be used if an accelerator is in, that it wouldn't function?

Thanks.

Hello,

There's something I've been wondering about.

I saw the IDE68k and thought it was a rather cool idea. But then I wondered if it would be possible to use it in an Amiga B2000 with a 68030 accelerator, which is on my to-buy list for the near future.

I don't know much about how it works, but my guess is that since the 68k wouldn't be used if an accelerator is in, that it wouldn't function?

Thanks.

I've wondered that myself. I guess you stand a better chance of it working if you use a 68000-socket-based accelerator. I'd be amazed if it works with a CPU slot accelerator.

with a 2000 aren't you better off - and it's cheaper - just getting something like a buddha?

It does work with some 68k socket accelerators, and doesn't work with others...

As for in the 2000 with an accelerator in the socket... I really don't know. The 68k that's in the socket still can be enabled as many cards have a disable switch, but I don't know how the architecture stops the 68k from processing when the card is in. I guess it might assert HALT locally to the 68k socket, but I can't see how that would be achieved from the schematics.

I'd be interested to know (y)

I realise this reply is absolutely no use whatsoever in answering your question :oops:

Back
Top Bottom