PDA

View Full Version : Closed A2500 w/ 030, 4gb HD, CD, KS 3.1 & 1.3, DKB MegaChip SOLD!

save2600
11th November 2008, 22:39
System has been sold.

Merlin
11th November 2008, 22:45
Hi save2600

Just a quick favour; could you please put your location in your profile - city, state etc. I presume WI is Wisconsin, USA?

Thanks

save2600
11th November 2008, 23:13
What, why isn't it there? Gotta say though that I already *did* just that before posting.

I see what happened. Didn't input the http: in my site, so it rejected the updating of
my profile. Done! Thanks for bringing that to my attention :-)

Ben
17th November 2008, 05:06
I'm interested. What's repair history? Please state payment method.

save2600
19th November 2008, 16:27
No repairs done to it other than removal and re-installation of the battery and being an electronics tech, I did it myself. Tackled the job soldering on the parts side of the mobo. So did not have to tear the RF shielding all apart. Zero acid leaked out of the old battery, thus - no discolouration on the mobo. System is truly in mint condition. All peripherals work as they should. Everything is neat, clean and shiny. Not rusted out like I've seen so many others. Payment may be check, money order, cashiers check, courtesy check from your bank card or cash upon pickup :-)

Ben
27th November 2008, 05:06
Sadly I must withdraw my interest in this system.
:cry:

Kin Hell
27th November 2008, 12:30
Heck Ben! - You ok bud? - This is the second Miggy you have had to pass on! :|

Ben
4th December 2008, 05:26
Kin,

Sorry for the late reply. Wasn't sure how to respond. Getting used to how things are run. I like both of the systems from save 2600 and the kicker is he's on my side of the great pond :lol: which means shipping is reasonable and I don't have to worry about the rubles to dollars ratio :lol: but.....

better minds have advised me on the price and looking at the various new old stock amigas for sale by amiga sites, the prices quoted are a little out of range...but getting closer to market reality.....

don't mean to offend anybody :wink:

Kin Hell
4th December 2008, 08:46
@ Ben

A better mind is your own. Don't forget though, this is not an auction site. If you carry on making unrealistic offers against what people are asking for, you are only going to end up ****ing them off.

Be cool.

Kin

Merlin
4th December 2008, 09:26
@ Ben

If we thought that save2600 was price driving, trust me, we'd have been all over him like a rash; his prices seem reasonable though and A2500's are a rarer model.

I understand about people's pockets being hit though. I would also point out that what happens on the auction sites means absolutely jack on here; we aren't an auction site and as a result we don't get silly bids and prices stay sensible.

@ save2600

In the current climate, some withdrawal of offers is sort of expected, as people have to tighten their belts. I am glad that you are showing some understanding about this.

save2600
9th December 2008, 15:01
Thanks for the support here Kin Hell and Merlin.

Just caught some of the dialogue here. Shame that more words have been spoken and not enough people pulling out their wallets! lol

Thing is, I'd like to know who the people are, scrap that... I'd like to know *why* someone would e-mail Ben, telling him that the prices are too high. Seems incredibly silly to me. At the very least, they're not qualified to know the entire situation and that practice is counterproductive - unless of course, they have the agenda of devaluing Amiga stuff for their own purchasing benefit. For what it's worth, I just sold my A1200 kit to someone for MORE than my asking price. After a few e-mails exchanged, he got the sense that I am not just some ****er trying to make a "quick" buck selling used and abused Miggy stuff. Lord knows there are enough people with better resources than I, doing just that - especially on ePay. Of course, I am throwing in a few extra goodies that were not advertised, but this gentleman actually appreciates the condition in which everything was kept and the bantering which took place between fellow Amiga enthusiasts. There's value in almost everything here folks. Try to remember that.

And yes, I agree. There is a lot of devaluing going on in these fanboy type sites and Craigslist even. Pretty much, a lot of people - buying out of "their" pockets. Ironic when you think about it... someone with a closet full of Amiga's feeling they aren't worth "much", or that they are "old" technology. But (and here comes the real zinger here) when they go to sell something in their possession, they'll want AND expect TOP dollar for it. That practice has been going on for decades with used auto dealers. Too bad it's spread to computer/video gaming as well now.

What really gets me is this new mentality of asking a million questions, requests for more pictures and still having a buyer flake out, regardless of the price. Especially when they use the lame excuse of "my wife won't let me", or "It's too much a bother to send a check or money order" (I can accept ScamPal, but for obvious reasons, would rather not and I *do* discourage the use of it because I have been scammed on more than one occasion). This has been ranted about already in other forums, but I will never understand the "art" of wasting other peoples time. I guess there are a lot of lonely people out there that just want some kind of communication with fellow enthusiasts. And that's fine. Just not appropriate in a marketplace environment.

Think of the looks/verbiage you'd get wasting anyone else's time in a real retail setting. lol

Kin Hell
9th December 2008, 17:37
@ save2600

All your reasons above & the Demise of AmiBench was the reason for AmiBay being started. So glad I am not the only one concerned @ all the FanBoy Amiga Sites.

@ Ben

You have a PM. Please consider these kind words before posting on AmiBay again. <--(that sounds worse than it is actually meant) :|

Thanks to all,

Kin