Status
Not open for further replies.

abraXXious

Banned
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Country
Australia
Okiez, I have two nice condition A1000s, complete, little to no yellowing...

Both have hideous external ram expansions (they are GOING).

I want to get at least one of them running WB 3.1, with a HD and decent amount of ram (even 1mb chip, 2mb fast would be ok, so Im being realistic here).

I need either a Rejuvinator board (I have been trying to get a Phoenix board out of Jeff at Unitech, but it is, sor far, like pulling teeth), or a hack that tells me how to install ks rom sockets that will take ks 3.1 roms (not sure if this exists).

I also need an INTERNAL (no ugly external abominations!) ram/HD (ide or scsi) card. An a1000 acellerator would be ok, but Im not looking to turbo charge the A1000 (but am open to suggestions).

I intend to install the audio filter switch hack too.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
ROM sockets are available directly on the motherboard.

The IDE68k from Mika/mkl is available here, too. but I don't think you can use more than 512kb of chip RAM on A1000 without replacing the entire mobo for a Phoenix board.

ROM sockets are available directly on the motherboard.

The IDE68k from Mika/mkl is available here, too. but I don't think you can use more than 512kb of chip RAM on A1000 without replacing the entire mobo for a Phoenix board.

Sorry, now Im lost. So, you are saying that I can plug 3.1 roms directly to the MB of an A1000?! My understanding was that the A1000 had 256kb of WOM (Write Once Memory), or scratch memory. On start up it reads a ks image from disk, to the WOM and then uses that as the kickstart image to boot into wb. I dont think there are any KS rom sockets on the A1k... is there? I shall open one up tonight.

On the subject of 512kb chip, well, I COULD live with that if I had to, but the Rejuvinator board would fix that prob.

Lastly, does the IDE68k have onboard ram and does it fit an A1000? I thought these only fit a500s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom