Computer Warrior
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Country
Greece
Region
Thessaloniki
Hi everybody. I am looking for a CDTV joystick port adapter. I am located in Greece and will pay with paypal.

Thanks in advance

I have one to sell to you: it has also a metal backplane to substitute the expansion door in the rear of CDTV.

If you are interested I can post a pic ;)

Thank you very much. Can you please post some photos ? I would really appreciate it.

No, but you can't use this backplane or the backplane of the SCSI expansion.

This is also a mine problem, because I have another joy adapter and I want to install the 9 pin ports of joy in the space dedicated to the expansion door.

So the only solution is to make a custom backplane, for SCSI card and joy ports too (as the one you can see in this photo, I made it when I purchase my joy expansion)

And in prospective to have enough space I'll have to cut a little piece of backplane of the CDTV :roll:

Attachments

• DSCN0409.jpg
    DSCN0409.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 0
One last thing. To what chip on the CDTV motherboard you need to use the socket at the end of the joystick port cable? Do you need to do any extra soldering for the adapter to work?

Mille grazie :)

No soldering needed, you have to find the U75 chip, extract it, insert the adapter and replacing the chip over the adapter. The cable have to pass below the CDTV MB (it could stay up too, but it is naturally made for passing under the mobo ;)

The U75 Chip is socketed?

EDIT: I think it is. So it's an easy task removing it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom