My A4000D "Pure" Project

merlinkv

Country
Ukraine
Region
Kyiv
Hi to all.

Well, finally I decided to make one A4000D but a "pure" Z3 System.

Here the refurbished mobo (thanks hikey (y)), Indivision AGA, battery, ROM, RAM, .......

DSC02070.jpg DSC02071.jpg DSC02073.jpg DSC02076.jpg

DSC02077.jpg DSC02078.jpg DSC02079.jpg DSC02080.jpg

The mobo looks great. Battery is NiMH and new. So, I think, works some years without problems.

Last edited:
Nice one (y)

Sometimes simple is better ;)

Board looks immaculate, very impressed with Hikey's work.

Steve.

Now, more components....

A very nice CS MK-II 68060/50 128MB (thanks Jon Hare). It works like a charm.

DSC02087.jpg DSC02088.jpg DSC02089.jpg

DENEB, the best USB amiga solution (for Zorro systems)

DSC02096.jpg

Last edited:
And more....

FastATA 4000 MK-V, HDD, DVD, HD Floppys.....

DSC02098.jpg DSC02099.jpg DSC02100.jpg DSC02101.jpg

And a closer view of the system....

DSC02102.jpg DSC02103.jpg DSC02105.jpg DSC02108.jpg

That's all for the moment. I need to come back to my country and collect the Picasso IV and Toccata.... and I think this baby became a good system....

With more time I change the DVD for one with white front.. Also with Picasso IV I think the Indivision is not needed anymore....

Hi my friend, it's looks very well, I'm mounting one Amiga 4000 too, but I'm not sure what is the best graphic card, Picasso IV or Cybervision 64. Any help?

Wow, I thought you were just starting!

Awesome setup. I've got an LG DVDRW Drive in my A1200T looks nice in an Amiga for some reason :)

Oh and its not very long so you'll have extra space in the A4000, I keep meaning to move it to my A4000D...

I'll find the model number out for you.

Steve.

Really I'm not sure...

The Picasso IV includes the Scandoubler/FF but I read in other posts it don't have Warp3D support. Anyway I think is very good for RTG.

Lot of users consider the Picasso IV thes best RTG board for classics Amigas. But, they are different opinions, of course.

About the Cybervision 64, I think you need a Scandoubler/FF like Indivison for classic apps. But as I said, I'm not sure.....

For Warp3D I want to use one of my Voodoo's 3 3000 with CSPPC on my A4000D tower project.......

---------- Post added at 19:40 ---------- Previous post was at 19:29 ----------

@fitzsteve

Your A1200T looks like a dream.... Whoooooo!!!!!! :bowdown:

Thanks alot my friend but don't worry :D This is because I mount this system today (a pair of hours...).

Thanks in anyway..... (y)

Monday I go to the shop to buy a white one... :D

I don't know about the LG drives on Amiga's. Really I work only with Asus drives, and I'm very happy, because they are "cold" & noiseless drives........

Last edited:
With more time I change the DVD for one with white front.

Usually with a retail box Asus supplies an extra front color, either beige/black or black/silver.
But beige is not the beige of the A4000 and when the front is really white then you really have to spraypaint that front.
But those fronts come off easily from drives.

All in all nice setup, I have a clean A4000 too with reworked caps and also Indi, but no CS, Z3 or anything else, just a stock A3640 and CF IDE.

@Buzzfuzz

I have other Asus DVD's mounted on PC's and well, is no the same color, but very similar....

In anyway, my drives they are OEM DVD's, without case, screws, soft,.... just the drives... less expensive :)

I see the LG DVD of the fitzsteve A1200T, looks great and color matches the A4K front (I think).... Is another possibility in my mind....... :)

DENEB, the best USB amiga solution (for Zorro systems)

No, the Deneb is the best USB solution for the Amiga. Period.

OK, for wedge we must go for Subway, which is an OK, speed-wise (even on 68000 systems).

@rkauer

Yes, of course, the Subway is another good solution. But for A1200 or compatible clockports. :)

Best of Subway, I think, is smallsize, four USB ports and low power consumption. The possibility to install on a modded A1200D. :)

The only bad thing, for me, is..... it works only at "Full" speed..... :(

In anyway as I said before, is a good solution for non Zorro systems..... (y)

Hi

This project is near to the end... :)

Here two pics of WB 3.9 BB3 with Picasso IV 1024x768 24bit 75hz

WB39_001.jpg WB39_002.jpg

If I have time tomorrow I will post some pics inside this baby with Picasso IV & Toccata installed.

Cheers

Use white CD/SVS Rom, if possible. I have a Panasonic DVD IDE Multi and the form comes near the original with that "stirpe" ;)

Cool A4000 with black drive too ;)

gehtjanx

Hi

Yes I want to change the DVD. I'm looking for LG or ASUS (like the one installed), they have facias with a color like the case. Need time to go to the shop..... :)

Thanks for your kind words.

Best wishes

Very nice A4000 project here merlinkv! It is in such a good shape. I'd like to see some photos of the inside with all that juicy stuff installed :D

Hey Pablo, this is comming along great.

Awesome A4000 (y)(y)(y)

Nice tidy workbench too :cool:

Hi

Now few pics inside of this baby.

The Picasso IV. Note the correct position & orientation of the CD-Audio passthrough (white=>left, black=>ground, red=>right), because at the manual is not very clear. Also, the Pablo encoder is installed.

DSC02109.jpg DSC02110.jpg DSC02112.jpg

The Toccata, one of the best for "classic" sound. The Deneb USB and the Elbox FastATA MK-V.

DSC02115.jpg DSC02116.jpg DSC02120.jpg

The CS MK-II SCSI kit with external port, because maybe I will connect SCSI peripheals later.

DSC02124.jpg

Because the little space inside and alot of components, I need extra airflow. So I mounted two small fans down of the HDD.

DSC02121.jpg DSC02128.jpg

-----------------

Last pics of this project on next post.

Best wishes

Last edited:
Hi again

Well, more pics of this project.

The airflow inside the case is one important thing for me. So, I made a hole up of the mouse/joystick cuts and I installed a big, but low profile, fan.

DSC02207.jpg DSC02210.jpg

A look of the back. Audio output from Picasso IV to Line-In of Toccata, and the audio out of Toccata to the Line-In of the monitor. Also a look of the USB 10/100 LAN adapter, it works fine with DENEB.

DSC02132.jpg DSC02169.jpg

As I said before, I want/needt to change the DVD for one with white-beige facia... or maybe I make a black retropaint... I don't know.

Now, this baby mounted & working... and some stuff waiting to be mounted on another project....... :)

Attachments

• DSC02176.jpg
    DSC02176.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC02203.jpg
    DSC02203.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC02146.jpg
    DSC02146.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 1
Absolutely fantastic! :) You've used a USB LAN adapter in a similar way to me. I've yet to test it running (although it is recognised as a USB device connected) Have you got her online with this yet? And if so, how are the speeds?

Back
Top Bottom