PDA

View Full Version : Sold Commodore 64c 1541 1530

m4rk1z
11th November 2010, 14:32
Here you have a very rare (pal) "C" model in "like new" condition
with psu a disk drive 1541 and a datasette in working condition
(games not included) for a nice amibay price:

99 euros + shipping! (P&P to europe countrys is ~ 25-30e)
:roll:
Thanks for watching!

m4rk1z
17th November 2010, 11:22
Also included: One empty tape and 10 empty disks!
;)

It can't be any better than this!

m4rk1z
27th November 2010, 22:19
OR best offer, also some pictures added...
;) remember hardware owned by a non smoker!

m4rk1z
17th February 2011, 16:25
BUMP!
;)

corey
18th February 2011, 02:39
Interested. Sending PM.

TjLaZer
18th February 2011, 07:52

Non smoker in Serbia? WOW! :thumbsup:

m4rk1z
18th February 2011, 11:48

Non smoker in Serbia? WOW! :thumbsup:

Yeah! You can't believe it right?
I also do NOT use drugs and do not drink and i m NOT gambling ;)

gehtjanx
18th February 2011, 14:21
:thumbsup: cool! But addicted to Commodore stuff.... :shhh: same here :)

m4rk1z
18th February 2011, 23:16
Interested. Sending PM.

You have a PM
;)

Thanks!
Papdi

corey
19th February 2011, 14:00
Payment sent.

dabone
19th February 2011, 14:24
Just a quick question to corey, what will you use to display this 64 in the usa, I've only been able to find 1 4:3 lcd that is pal compatible and it's pic quality sucks.

Later,
dabone

m4rk1z
19th February 2011, 16:36
Payment sent.

You have another PM
:cool:

Thanks
Papdi

corey
19th February 2011, 17:20
Just a quick question to corey, what will you use to display this 64 in the usa, I've only been able to find 1 4:3 lcd that is pal compatible and it's pic quality sucks.

Later,
dabone

I have an extra 1084S laying around. Software Hut had them on sale a while back, plus I bought an extra one from a friend for my A1200. I'm a big fan of that monitor anyway so I figured why not have an extra one. I'm glad I did!

m4rk1z
21st February 2011, 14:58
Package ready to send ;)
and you got another PM.

m4rk1z
23rd February 2011, 19:05
Corey you have another PM about the shipping...
:( huston we have a problem!

m4rk1z
2nd March 2011, 23:27
Corey you have another PM about the shipping...
:( huston we have a problem!

Hi m8!

Yes i resolved the problem with USA shipping, they do NOT receive packages from non EU countrys (serbia) so crossing
the border into a EU country (hungary) and shipping it from there was a little pricey but a promise is a promise ;)
I think no one ever has done something like this here on amibay :cool:

Corey got a PM with details and pictures so case is closed!
btw thank you for being so patience with me corey!

Papdi

corey
11th March 2011, 17:40
Received the item today! Appears to be in excellent condition, however, I am unable to test as I forgot that the power adapter would not be compatible with US standard plugs. Also doesn't appear to be compatible with the UK style adapter I use for my Amiga 1200.

Thus, looks like I'll have to either find an appropriate adapter for the existing power supply, or a new power supply, before I can actually test this. The item appears to be in great condition so I have high hopes that it will work once the power issue is resolved.

Mega-thanks to Papdi for following through on this and getting it to me. I know it ended up being more of a hassle than was realized at the beginning, and sincerely appreciate following through. I can't wait to get the power issue resolved so I can start using it!

corey
11th March 2011, 23:02
Got the adapter and tried it out but doesn't appear to be working.

The power light comes on, and the cables are connected to the monitor (1084S), but don't see anything. Its perfectly possible I'm overlooking something obvious, but I've checked several articles now on Google and can't seem to find any suggestions that work. I know the monitor is working as I've tested it with my Amiga. I've tried the various buttons for CVSB, etc... but doesn't seem to help.

I realized its more difficult to troubleshoot as I can't confirm its not a computer issue because I don't have a normal PAL TV set to try it out on.

Any ideas?

m4rk1z
12th March 2011, 01:06
The video cable i sent could be the problem as i had no time to check the pinout as it was not offered but you wanted one and i had a spare one!
;)
I m very sure it is the wrong pinout as i used it on another computer and not on the commodore, i also told you before sending the package when it arrives first check out the cable pinout!
Mystery resolved!

Papdi

corey
12th March 2011, 19:41
Ok - yes that could be it. Will order a new cable as soon as I can and update here as soon as it arrives and I'm able to test it! Thanks and Regards - Corey

The video cable i sent could be the problem as i had no time to check the pinout as it was not offered but you wanted one and i had a spare one!
;)
I m very sure it is the wrong pinout as i used it on another computer and not on the commodore, i also told you before sending the package when it arrives first check out the cable pinout!
Mystery resolved!

Papdi

corey
17th March 2011, 01:08
Video cable has been ordered (along with a few other goodies ;)). It should ship on the 19th and I hope to have it shortly thereafter. Will report back as soon as its here and I've ran my tests.

corey
7th April 2011, 17:21
Video cable came today but its not fully working as expected. The screen only shows in grayscale. The cable was clearly labeled as to which colors were Y/C and audio, so I know I've got them plugged into the 1084 properly, and I've tried all combinations of the two switches on the back of the monitor but none shows it in color. I've tried it on both my 1084's and same issue on both, so I don't think its a monitor issue. What am I doing wrong?

m4rk1z
7th April 2011, 17:50
The C64 was working 100% in very good shape like new as it can be! I have tested and it works great, try the RF out on a ordinary TV set to be sure it is working, the only problem i can think of is the ntsc/pal system
do not work together for some reason :( maybe someone else can help to solve the color problem...

corey
8th April 2011, 18:03
try the RF out on a ordinary TV set to be sure it is working

I haven't figured out a way to do that yet. I don't have an ordinary TV because that would be a PAL TV in this case. I thought about using an RF converter and plug that into the 1084S hoping that would fix it but the only RF converter I have is also NTSC and I haven't figured out the right one to go buy yet.

Also, I've been emailing Vesalia on this same issue, as I bought the cable from them. They suggested swapping the red and white plugs, which I tried, but same issue. They also confirmed the correct switch settings on the back of the 1084. So at this point - still stuck in grayscale. If anyone has any tips or pointers for me please let me know. I really want this thing to work properly.

corey
12th April 2011, 17:28
It seems that while the 1084S supports PAL for Amiga via the RGB connection, for the LCA connection it is either PAL or NTSC. Apparently both of mine are NTSC, and the behaviour in that case is that it shows up grayscale. So, looks like I need to find an alternative display solution. Any ideas?

m4rk1z
12th April 2011, 21:12
I think you should buy a PAL monitor and order a trafo (psu) that can convert 110 to 220volt. I had one unit for my NTSC sega mega drive a long time ago so i could play all my ntsc games with the japan console only it was just the opposite 220 to 110volt conversion! ;)