Blogger
Rating - 100%
1043   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi!

I've been using a RGB-VGA converter and long VGA cable to pass through my PicassoII, it works but its a messy solution... I think they made nice short pass through cables but I can't find anything on the usual sites, does anyone have one they'd like to sell me? ;)

Cheers (y)

Fitz.

Hi mate, thanks for looking but I don't think what I want exists. I was looking for a cable that goes from the Amiga 23pin RGB to a normal VGA input/output. But a short cable, like 6-8in.

I thought perhaps they made these as passthrough cables for people with RTG cards, but it looks like perhaps normal VGA leads were used and connected to a flicker fixer instead.

Steve.

they were indeed short vga cables to go between the rtg and a flicker fixer, but why not make your own dude?
i'm sure the pin outs exist for vga and the 23 pin miggy video (what's the worst that could happen?)

Hi mate, thanks for looking but I don't think what I want exists. I was looking for a cable that goes from the Amiga 23pin RGB to a normal VGA input/output. But a short cable, like 6-8in.

I thought perhaps they made these as passthrough cables for people with RTG cards, but it looks like perhaps normal VGA leads were used and connected to a flicker fixer instead.

Steve.

Can you make it with a Hammer? :whistle:

Seriously though I'm useless, however though I do have old cables I could use, maybe I'll pluck up the guts and do it. (y)

they were indeed short vga cables to go between the rtg and a flicker fixer, but why not make your own dude?
i'm sure the pin outs exist for vga and the 23 pin miggy video (what's the worst that could happen?)

Steve.

Awesome stuff, I'll make it my mission to do this (y)

I have a couple of useless Scart leads and VGA leads to canibalise :butcher

Muhahahaha

Can you make it with a Hammer? :whistle:

Cosmicfrog do it!:ROTFLOL2:

On a serious note, most Amiga RTG cards uses a 9pin (D9-SUB ) VGA input instead the later standard D15-SUB.:nuts:

Pinouts on the very same site, BTW.;)

Last edited:
why not get that cable then get an RGB to VGA dongle, they are expencive but I bet someone round here has one going spare, did`t your A4000 come with one ??

I all ready have such a lead that u are after, amiga RGB to VGA with short lead but I`m using it to connect my 1942 monitor :)

why not get that cable then get an RGB to VGA dongle, they are expencive but I bet someone round here has one going spare, did`t your A4000 come with one ??

I all ready have such a lead that u are after, amiga RGB to VGA with short lead but I`m using it to connect my 1942 monitor :)

Yeah I'm using VGA-RGB connector + VGA lead, as I say it works but I want a more tidy solution, you know what I am like with these things, I have a vision and everything must be just so ;)

No longer needed as have switched to CV64/3D and will be getting scan doubler module :)

This thread can be closed, thanks Amimods (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom