Sold 128k toast rack speccy (possibly faulty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1980-20..

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Country
Uk
Region
Greater manchester
£26 plus P&P, im just trying to get back what i paid for it.

4430839102_908ee1fa56_m.jpg

Might be intereted depending on what the possible fault is?

I've been looking for one for ages!!!!

This one is probably not for you steve. I have no idea what the fault is, it doesn't have a power supply ive only tested it with a psu from a 48k+ and it showed no signs of life. Ive been told 128 draws more power than a 48k so with the correct psu it might work fine.

Thanks for the reply, since I have the repair skills of an Ameba I'd best pass up on this one.

Best of luck with the sale (y)

Steve.

Thanks for the info Pedro, I might have a +2 PSU in the loft. I think I'll take the gamble. Whats the total with P&P?

Can go with the DC Scart lead I guess in the same box?

Steve.

Ok ive weighed it and guestimated the total weight including lots of packaging and it looks like the P&P would be £4.50 less the £1.50 you already paid would be £3 pllus the price of the item gives a grand total of £29.

Postage is quoted sending standard parcel 3 day del.

Thats perfect Ill get the rest over to you a little later when Im on the PC as Im posting now from my phone..

Cheers,
Steve.

A 48k psu will not do the job, and the 128k will not power up.

That’s interesting JLPedro because the one I sold you powered up with a 48K psu even with a DivIDE+ attached. Have you tried it with a 48K psu? Hope you managed to sort out the sound chip.

John

Really :blink:? 48K+ psu is low on Amps, on the 48k+ it's 1.4A and the 128K is 1.85A both 9v dc (actually 12v, a 7805 regulates to 9v).

I still don't have a replacement AY chip, apart from that the 128k is working fine.

---------- Post added at 10:02 ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 ----------

Now i'm feeling guilty about misleading fitzsteve... if the 128k does powers up with a 48k+ psu, only two possibilityes left, or the 128k is really faulty or the 48k+ psu is faulty...
:(

I’ve just been and checked the psu I last used with the 128 and it’s rated at 1.8 amps. Looks like I’m the one with the red face, sorry JLPedro.
Hope it all goes well for Steve.

John

YAY, I now have a Speccy 128k just like when I was a kid :D

I've been looking for soooooo long!

& also thanks for the free gift - I'll leave feedback now (y)

Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom