PDA

View Full Version : Closed UsbExtreme software for PS2

Amigafanboi
15th December 2010, 13:12
This disk allows you to run a USB hard disk on your PS2 slim/phat and you can run games directly from the the hard disk, ideal for backing all your games up.

No modchip required ;)

More info here : http://www.hdadvance.com/usb_extreme_whatis.htm

15 + P&P

fitzsteve
15th December 2010, 13:14
Oooooo, this is interesting.

Can this back up save games too?

So much cool stuff for sale so near to Christmas, man I wish I had a money tree. :(

Amigafanboi
15th December 2010, 13:15
Not too sure about the saves, i think they just go on the memory card as normal.

fitzsteve
15th December 2010, 13:17
Not too sure about the saves, i think they just go on the memory card as normal.

Oh, thats a shame I really want to back up my 95% complete Gran Turismo 4 save to use with emulation some day. I guess they do PS2 memory card readers so thats probably better for me.

Best of luck with your sale :thumbsup:

Amigafanboi
15th December 2010, 13:22
I'm sure there is a way with a bit of hackery you can transfer them to USB flash drive.

SaGaiA
29th December 2010, 17:31
Declaring interest.
PM Sent

What condition is it in?

Thanks

Andi

scrappysphinx
29th December 2010, 21:03
if im right the USB on a ps2 is 1.1 so how is loading games from USB, any quicker than disc?

SAS1979
29th December 2010, 21:08
if im right the USB on a ps2 is 1.1 so how is loading games from USB, any quicker than disc?

Yep they are 1.1 on the PS2.

SaGaiA
29th December 2010, 22:34
More out of convenience. Young Kids wanting to play same things over and over. Sing Star etc... I have 8-10 games they sing along to.

Just easier.

I have the network adapter and a hdd installed in my PS2 but I never found the software to allow me to use that instead.

PS2 is not modded in any way which is why something like this would be ideal although I do understand what you mean in regards to loading speeds.

(Any help on the Internal HDD option greatfully accepted via PM :thumbsup:)

Amigafanboi
29th December 2010, 22:49
Actual loading times i didn't notice any difference but i did notice FMV was jumpy during game cut scenes.
For me to give you an honest answer...sort the internal hard drive and network adapter out..it's far superior.

SaGaiA
31st December 2010, 17:17
Thanks for the honest answer Amigafanboi (http://www.amibay.com/member.php?u=3074). True Amibayer at it's best :D

I never owned a PS2 when they were "Current".
I was given this by a friend from work who simply had not use for it anymore.

My kids love the singalong stuff so they may as well use it but they are young and are brutal with CD's & DVD's :Doh:

I will investigate the Network Adapter thing as I know it came with it and I added the HDD but being TOTALLY new to the PS2, I didnt know what it could use it for and how to set it up.

I'll drop out of this for now and see how i go..

Thanks again Amigafanboi (http://www.amibay.com/member.php?u=3074) for your honesty. Much appreciated.

Amigafanboi
31st December 2010, 18:12
Have a google for FreeMcboot, ideal for your playstation setup.
This will allow you to run HDloader which will load the games from the internal hard disk, if you are in no position to install the exploit i'll happily do it for you if you post me your memory card...no charge.

SaGaiA
2nd January 2011, 22:42
Thanks very much.I'll look into it.
Thanks for the Exploit offer too.. I may take you up on it if I have any trouble.

Cheers

Andi