AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Country
Scotland
Region
East Lothian
Hi All (y)
Has anyone got a cheap Amiga kickstart Rom?
It's for an A2000 that had a Kickstart Rom ver. 40.63 fitted!
It's Urgently Needed :(

:thanks:

*REMOVED*

Sorry, abraXXious, I had to remove the information since the ROMs you are referring to are burned EEPROMs, not originals.

Heather

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All (y)
Has anyone got a cheap Amiga kickstart Rom?
It's for an A2000 that had a Kickstart Rom ver. 40.63 fitted!
It's Urgently Needed :(

:thanks:

I've got couple of 1.3 ROMs that are not used any more. I can give you one for free if you pay for shipping.

I have a feeling Tommo is wanting to upgrade this a2k. If this is the case then anything short of a 3.1 rom is going to become quickly redundant.

Yeah Mate

Yeah Mate

I have a feeling Tommo is wanting to upgrade this a2k. If this is the case then anything short of a 3.1 rom is going to become quickly redundant.

Thanks Tahoe & czarek (y)
abraXXious is right! I'm hopefully looking for a 3.1 rom
I did also ask him if this was the highest or if there was any upgrade's
above this.

Cheers All :)

for a higher than 3.1 rom you have to make it yourself or find someone to help you

I really suggest you start with 3.1 for now and think about a better kickstart later

for a higher than 3.1 rom you have to make it yourself or find someone to help you

I really suggest you start with 3.1 for now and think about a better kickstart later

Yeah cosmicfrog mate (y)
Going to get a 3.1 rom to start,
See how things go! later may look into
upgrading :unsure:
But now I'm on the lookout for a 68010
to replace my 68000! Damaged due to
same battery leak that damaged my 3.1 rom :pissed:

Cheers ;)

Hello,

Why not try a free 1.3 (for games) or 2.04 (for all except OS 3.5/3.9) first? Try to get the A2000 working first before installing rare / expansive chips and expansions.

Just a hint of my side, but I think it would be the best!

gehtjanx

Hmmm, I dont see how it is divisible. If you already own the code you can have a backup. If you are unable to creat the backup yourself, how can it be illegal to pay someone else to create the backup using your source? This would still be considered purchasing a backup.

Oh course, we both know thats not EXACTLY the case here, but its an interesting supposition... :)

Hmmm, I dont see how it is divisible. If you already own the code you can have a backup. If you are unable to creat the backup yourself, how can it be illegal to pay someone else to create the backup using your source? This would still be considered purchasing a backup.

Oh course, we both know thats not EXACTLY the case here, but its an interesting supposition... :)

The fundamental flaw with your argument is that you've attempted to apply logic where law is concerned. This is always doomed to failure. It might seem obvious that something should be true, but that doesn't mean it is. That's why the worlds has lawyers! :LOL:

... and why we ignore their way of doing things. :)

On the contrary, they have the power to take money from us, or even land us in prison. We absolutely pay attention to their way of doing things! :whistle:

Anyways, we're getting off-topic here! Tommo was looking for a Kickstart 3.1 ROM. There was a chap on eBay selling NOS Kickstart 3.1 / Workbench 3.1 upgrade kits for £14.99, but I can't seem to find them at the moment. Otherwise you can always check out Amigakit/Vesalia for your ROM needs.

Hello,

Why not try a free 1.3 (for games) or 2.04 (for all except OS 3.5/3.9) first? Try to get the A2000 working first before installing rare / expansive chips and expansions.

gehtjanx

I've got an A600 that's out of action at moment! :(
can I use the kickstart chip out of this until I get
a 3.1? The rom in it is (2.05) or would I need the
2.04 is there a difference?

:thumbsup2:

Hello,

gehtjanx

I've got an A600 that's out of action at moment! :(
can I use the kickstart chip out of this until I get
a 3.1? The rom in it is (2.05) or would I need the
2.04 is there a difference?

:thumbsup2:

Aye, you can use a 2.05 ROM in an A2000. Should be no problems there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom