DCE FlickerFixer/Scan Doubler Questions! - huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
ummm whats the sqaure thing and where should it go?

Attachments

• 20081214_1.JPG
    20081214_1.JPG
    741.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20081214_2.JPG
    20081214_2.JPG
    720 KB · Views: 2
Re: huh?

so i have a scan doubler? so what's this?

Attachments

• 20081214_3.JPG
    20081214_3.JPG
    782.9 KB · Views: 3

that's a part of the scandoubler, it clips on the ALICE chip, the cable should be pointing toward the other part.

ok so cool so far, but can someone showme exactly how it's supposed to be fitted....?

nevermind those wires.

you seem to have hauled a new babe with a PCI busboard, will you tell us more about it ?

you can check this pic for installation of scandy 1200, but it's quite small.

http://www.amiga.org/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=1504

check other pics for installed scandoublers. and think about my instructions. after examining the board they will make more sense and you will realise there're not much confusion about it.

but installing it back with that busboard on might be difficult. maybe you can just give it to me :p

@JuvUK

okay how to fit a scan doubler/flicker fixer

Here is pic by Doppie1200 from Amiga.org
1855.jpg

shold help you with facing and alignment :D

now that othe set of wires looks like some interesting bit of hackery involving the ec020 and the never populated FPU port..

if you could take the mediator off and get a closer lookie with the camera (in focus) i may well be able to have a stab as to what the mod is trying to do. :D

ah cheers zetro for getting a decent pic :)

@Cozie,

from my nightmares a few years ago, I always remember DopPie and Scandoubler :D

i shall try and get a better pic for you Zetr0 m8, now i've put the square thingy back on Lisa, i'm guessing i should now use the vga out from that thing to connect to my monitor? because i'm just getting no signal?

lol, yes VGA out (15pin HD) to your SVGA monitor :D

nope there should be a VGA header from the Scandoubler, this is what you need to plug-into the SVGA monitor :D

Zetr0 said:
nope there should be a VGA header from the Scandoubler, this is what you need to plug-into the SVGA monitor :D

so what does the graphics card do?

actually you need a monitor switcher. you have two outputs from your amiga, native graphics output, (from scandoubler) and graphics card output. Now if you're only using workbench and friendly programs, you can do without the native graphics output, and live with the graphics card. however, anything that uses the graphics chipset (read, all games, demos, etc) will switch to native graphics output, you can't view from the graphics card. that's the sad state of affairs with graphics cards and amigas unfortunately. graphic cards which plug into actual zorro slots (and video slots) of big box amigas may have built in monitor switchers though (CV64, Picasso IV comes to mind).

Also, when you're making your first installation, you will need the native output until you setup your workbench and configure your graphics card.

so my scandoubler looks like the one in the pic coze posted, so how do i know if it's the flick fixer version or not?
and do i need anything trick with the monitor switcher or will any old ebay thingy do?
thanks for all your help so far guys i am grateful, JuvUK

Re: DCE FlickerFixer/Scan Doubler Questions! - huh?

In your first post, the Bottom Pic shows another couple of possible Chip locations on the board. If they were populated, it would be a Flicker Fixer as well as a Scan Doubler! :wink:

The pic below is a FF/SD version of yours fitted in an A4000Dcr Rev D.

I renamed your Thread & included the Pic below to encompass fitting in the A4KD. This DCE FF/SD or just SD will NOT fit in the A4KT.

Attachments

• DCE FF-SD Fitted in A4KD.JPG
    DCE FF-SD Fitted in A4KD.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 3
Re: DCE FlickerFixer/Scan Doubler Questions! - huh?

Kin Hell said:
In your first post, the Bottom Pic shows another couple of possible Chip locations on the board. If they were populated, it would be a Flicker Fixer as well as a Scan Doubler! :wink:

The pic below is a FF/SD version of yours fitted in an A4000Dcr Rev D.

thanks Kin, sweet reply 8)

do i owe you the thanks for the title change?

cheers, JuvUK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom