Deactivated
Deactivated
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Country
S
Region
G
Hi folks - looking to speed up my IDE channel for my CF card adapter. Looking for a buffered IDE device to help with that.

Cheers (y)

John

OT: Dunno if it speeds the system up... but will check and give you a report tonight (with / without Idefix adapter) :)

I am almost certain it makes absolutely NO difference to ide speed, it merely adds a buffered split for adding a second device.

Because I believe the same with abraXXious... that's why I wanna make the test just for Skil to be sure :)
No need to pay for extra stuff if you don't actually need them \o/

Hi Mate as mentioned I have a spare one here. Its an eyetech one, will post a pic shortly...

How does a tenner sound mate plus the postage?

Steve.
Mozilla/5.0 (SymbianOS/9.2; U; Series60/3.1 NokiaN95/31.0.017; Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 ) AppleWebKit/413 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/413

Hi Steve - sounds fine mate cheers, I'll grab that. Interested to see how MFilos test goes later but irrespective I'll still take it because I might add a CD Drive later and poke the cable out the side of the 600 (y)

Drop me a PM with the full cost inc postage and I'll send you a Paypal :)

Cheers

John

@FOL

Haha - thought you would post something after I said that :)

I would actually BUT after putting in the ACA630 I'm not sure I can fit a slim line into the case unless removing the floppy and modifying the case to accommodate it. It's for another time though - the buffer will be of use when I get round to doing it and also it may or may not speed up read / writes to the CF (Mfilos is going to check that out maybe) but I can't see how it won't speed it up somewhat at least.

Cheers

John

@FOL

Haha - thought you would post something after I said that :)

I would actually BUT after putting in the ACA630 I'm not sure I can fit a slim line into the case unless removing the floppy and modifying the case to accommodate it. It's for another time though - the buffer will be of use when I get round to doing it and also it may or may not speed up read / writes to the CF (Mfilos is going to check that out maybe) but I can't see how it won't speed it up somewhat at least.

Cheers

John

Give it a month or so and Ill let you know.
I have my old A1200 slimline drive, so i can test with that.

I sure Ill make it fit.

I seriously doubt that a slim CD/DVD-ROM can be actually fit after ACA630. Haven't measured it yet... but I don't believe that the height of the passive heatsink leaves space for CD/DVD-ROM's backplate.

I seriously doubt that a slim CD/DVD-ROM can be actually fit after ACA630. Haven't measured it yet... but I don't believe that the height of the passive heatsink leaves space for CD/DVD-ROM's backplate.

Were theres a will there is a way, ;).

Here are the pics mate (y)

Plugs right into the IDE header, I'll just quickly check it fits ok in my A600...

PM me if interested.

Steve.

Edit, yep - fitz fine and case closes (y)

More piccies attached :ninja:

Attachments

• IMG_0660.JPG
    IMG_0660.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0661.JPG
    IMG_0661.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0662.JPG
    IMG_0662.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0663.JPG
    IMG_0663.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 0
Sounds like a challenge there MFilos :whistle:

Go on FOL - take up the gauntlet, maybe Amigakit can add it as a service if you manage it :D

John

Here are the pics mate (y)

Plugs right into the IDE header, I'll just quickly check it fits ok in my A600...

PM me if interested.

Steve.

Elbox, 4x Buffered Interface.
These ones can take large drives, once the software is loaded.

maybe Amigakit can add it as a service if you manage it :-D

Maybe not, its one thing to hack up my own amiga, but other peoples, no thankyou, :).

Cool - do you mean IDEFIX software FOL or device dependant drivers?

John

Payment rec from Skilgannon - thanks (y)

Will post tomorrow :)

Were theres a will there is a way, ;).
You don't need to tell me that mate :)

I have done quite enough mods to my beloved miggies. I don't doubt that removing the heatsink or trying other stuff WON'T take you there... it's just looking difficult without that. Try and see! :D

(If you check from my picture bellow, you'll see that the space (height) is indeed minimal (without the custom PicoPSU in the way though lol)

Attachments

• DSC03208.jpg
    DSC03208.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 0
Cool - do you mean IDEFIX software FOL or device dependant drivers?

John

I would'nt use IDEFIX with it.
Elbox have their own drivers, ask steve if he has the driver disk, that includes ellegro.

Were theres a will there is a way, :wink:.
You don't need to tell me that mate :smile:

I have done quite enough mods to my beloved miggies. I don't doubt that removing the heatsink or trying other stuff WON'T take you there... it's just looking difficult without that. Try and see! :-D

(If you check from my picture bellow, you'll see that the space (height) is indeed minimal (without the custom PicoPSU in the way though lol)

I have a stock miggy, so I may be able to get away with it.
In your case however, yours is well full, ;).

Sorry I only have the adapter, no Disk for it.

I thought you would use IDEFix with that, the only Disk I have with ellegro is my FastATA 99 Drivers.

Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom