Status
Not open for further replies.

Harzflo

Country
Germany
Region
Harz
Hi,

Someone knows a Software to create a own Amiga Disk with a Menu and Sound like a Public Domain Disk ???

Flo

Hi,

Someone knows a Software to create a own Amiga Disk with a Menu and Sound like a Public Domain Disk ???

Flo

I guess it all depends on what specifically you're trying to do. I used to use Deluxe Paint to generate an IFF menu and use KeyMapEd to remap the F1-F10 keys to run the programs in the menu, but I'm sure there are other ways :)

Hi,

First there have to be a Amiga structured disk, for example drawers like "c", "s" where to put the files. You can create a startup-menu with just a textfile displyed where you see "button x to start program/game y". Then, you can re-map the keymap to start the specified program.

Or just start a menu from aminet, but that costs memory and sometimes, it has a limited number of entries.

NOTE: Don't forget to use "install" to make an bootable floppy disk!

gehtjanx

I created a 2 disc set back in the late 90's that started up by playing a protracker mod then proceeded to load up a GUI based menu for listing Public Domain discs in my collection

Don't know what happened to it or even if I still have a copy - must see if I can find it :)

THX @ All.

But that`s not very easy for me.
I thought there gives a App to make a Disk easy with some klicks.

Hello,

Question:
Can you transfer data to your Amiga? What Amiga(s) do you own?

There are indeed programs available on FISH PD Disks or www.aminet.net :
http://aminet.net/search?query=menu+boot

For the base, you'll have to format a DD disk and enter "install df0:" to make the disk bootable on Amiga, that's the first step. Second step would be searching a menu (or do the keymap) and just put it on disk.

gehtjanx

Cool! So where's the problem :)

Just say if you want to use the keymap method (then search a keymap editor) or use a bootmenu (just search aminet and test more, I was also looking a bit for a menu I have done years ago to adress your needs.

So basically, format, install and the rest we can go for later, just ask! Also read the readme file for installation of the menu. It's most likly go to the "c" folder, you just need a startup-sequence file where you tell the amiga "hey, boot that menu and endcli". Just have a look at the WB disk and the concept will be quite clear. Always use kick 3.1 and insert a WB, then open WB disk icon and goto menu "show all files", so you can see the "system/boot" files like the drawers "s", "c", "l", etc.

C = commands/executable files like "format", etc.
S = startup-sequence to put there

just ask if something unclear!!!

gehtjanx

Close

Close

Can close and delete
because this is not the right place for this Thread.

I put this thread from here to Service Bay --> Klick LINK

Last edited:
Hello,

You can tell you want to move or rename, but I think English is the forum languge used here and German is not good, so most of the people here can't read it. I will write in English here too, if you have questions, we can PM or Mail in German language :)

gehtjanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom