software automated mouth
AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Country
Italy
Region
Roma
(y)Trying to revive my electrocuted 1541, which I connected to the pc with the xe-1541 cable while it was ON ( ... I didn't notice ... ) I would like to buy a working motherboard, since I think I've burnt some chips.

I just want the motherboard, from a mechanically defective unit, to save on expenses. For the same reason I'd prefer to buy from an EU seller.

Name your price, let me know what you have, let's see what we can do :)

SAM

P.S. I'm not interested on a 1541-II motherboard, just the first model (y)

Hello,

I have one here, I think.

Just ROM is missing, P/N I have to look. But you can try your old chip or burn an eprom. If that doesn't help, maybe some other has another one for you, just saing if you want give it a try.

What is the drive doing? I heared, often the buffer LS06 or LS14 (near serial ports, UB1 I think) will get damage. Motor will run then with red light, in most cases.

maybe someone can repair it. Could also be you fired a VIA

gehtjnax

Hello,

As you say yourself, motor is on and spinning. VIA seems OK (due to swap) so it most likly will be the buffer before. LS06 is common to fail and should be replaced. It's standard chip available for cheap. LS14 is in near and often not worken either, but that has other symptoms, so try replace the LS06 and see what it will do. I had that too, replaced and now working again.

gehtjanx

thanks a lot I will definitely try that in a few weeks when I visit my parents...! A friend of mine is offering his father's old drive for testing, but it's yet to be confirmed...

Hi, I'm also be able to offer you a replacement board, but I must agree with gehtjanx check the logic ic's first, those are cheap and should be easy to get. It did take me a while to fix my sx floppy board, but in the end it was just a 70 cent logic chip.

I have just ordered the two chips.... 5 each! :) let's see what happens... when I'll be home again. Thanks for your advice

chips arrived

chips arrived

hallo, I'm finally home for Easter (have a happy Easter by the way)

I ordered LS06 and LS14 from a chinese gentleman who sent me some chips labeled:

sn74ls06n
sn74ls14n

do you think they are equivalent to the commodore sn7406 and sn7414?

Anyway, I can't find any chip with the same name so I don't know what I have to replace!!

thanks bye!
Sam

Last edited:
what do you mean exactly? You can not find the chips you want to replace?

The 74ls14 is probably ok as it seems to be in all my machines I have looked at today, but the 7406... not sure about that one. All my machines have a 7406 and I haven't seen a 74ls06 being used, but it would be nice to know if the LS version will work.

Just seen this, it can be closed now: I no longer have that drive :)

Gave it away for free to someone who could repair it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom