Closed Where can I get 2.5" drive IDC connectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin

Ministry of Retr0bright and Street Judge
VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Maplins seem to have stopped stocking these, where can I get the crimp on 44 pin IDC connectors, so that I can make my own cables up?

Thanks

Merlin

Ooooo .....have you got some 44 way ribbon cable you can spare Dave?
I`d swap for headers if I had some! :(

Maybe, Charlie.....

I have some 50-pin cables from Compaq slimline CD-ROM drives that have 50 pin IDC connectors with a pin blocked, so I can't use them as they are now, I need to change the headers.

How much cable are you looking for?

Merlin

meega said:
OY! :x

There was no need for that!

There is when you have been trying to get 9 inches of 44 way ribbon cable for the last 6 months! :roll:

@ meega

Lighten up a bit, eh? Have you had a sense of humour by-pass or summat?

@ Charlie

The cable I have are 50 way and are approx 11" long, you could easily take the connectors off and split 6 cores off to get 44 way.

PM me with your address if you want a cable sent to you,

Merlin

OMG 11 - inches! I dunno if I can handle ALL that! :shock:

PM sent m8! :D

Charlie

It will be in tonight's post to you.

BTW, if there's any hardware pr0n in progress at your end, Z will want pictures, you know what he's like........lol

Merlin

Thanks Dave...really appreciated. Just PM me! - I have beer Tokens waiting for you! :)

Charlie

I am diabetic and I don't drink mate, it screws my sugars up summat shocking.

Put it on the favours account for the future, will you?

:)

Merlin

Dave,

should have those 2 x 44 way IDC's for ya next week. Pls PM me ur Address! I was tardy n binned your label along with packet. :roll:

Charlie

Just an update Dave. IDC Headers arrived, they have sent the wrong ones. I have recieved PCB mount type & not Crimp onto cable type. :evil: Will get back to u asap about this. :roll:

4 of em Keith. These are PCB mounts with the Crimp type on other side. In essence, you`d end up with a cable attatched permanently to this kind of PCB mount. It`s not just pins to a board giving you pins for a 44way IDC header. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom