Retro Girl
Rating - 100%
190   0   0
Country
USA
Region
Raleigh, NC
Hey everyone,

The title pretty much says it all. I would like to find a Commodore 128D (NTSC Preferred), a 1581 Disk drive and a Final Cartridge III. Please let me know if you have any of these for sale.

Thank you!

Heather

Re: WTB: Commodore 128D, 1581 and Final Cartridge III

Regarding the 1581 drive.

Golam (gklinger) bought up all of the remaining 1581 units without disk drives when Commodore went over from the C64 to the Amiga 500, as the 500 used the same drive. I would ask gklinger over at EAB or at Lemon 64 to see if he has any of these kits left. If he has, just stick in a replacement Amiga floppy drive and you are good to go.

Interesting! I think I'll contact Golam too. My neighbour ask me to fix his C64 (dead 5.25" floppy).

I think a 3.5" one will be much better. :wink:

@Merlin

Thanks for the information! I've sent a message to Golam on EAB to see if he has any left. If he does, I'll need to post a request here to purchase an Amiga floppy drive to use in it.

@rkauer

The only problem with replacing a 1541 with a 1581 is that many games use routines specific to the 1541 to load and run correctly. Over the last few weeks, I have bought two SX-64s, four or five C64s, one C128 and five 1541s! I haven't tested everything yet but I plan on selling some stuff once I pick through it and find out which ones I want to keep.

Thanks guys!

Heather

Update: Got some good deals on a 1581 and a Final Cartridge III on eBay! I'll look around locally for a Commodore 128D online and locally. Please feel free to close this thread.

Thanks!

Heather

Topic locked.

Congratulations, Heater.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom