PDA

View Full Version : Closed CD ROM Drive for CDTV

Countraven
10th February 2011, 14:00
Hello fellow Amigans.

I am looking for a replacement CD-ROM drive as the one in my CDTV is broken.
Perhaps you own a faulty machine and you may want to sell the CD-ROM in order to help me fix mine.

I live in Greece. I can paypal.

Thanks.

Nathanieltolbert
10th February 2011, 14:41
I have the same problem with both of my CDTV systems. It stinks, as I haven't been able to source drive. I hope you have much better luck than I do.

sailor
10th March 2011, 15:06
Hello,

I have one cd-rom drive, working. Tested it today with an audio-cd and worked withouth problems.

The ejectbutton (black) is broken.

What would a decent price be ? (excl. shipping)

(while at it, got some other spares too, including a whole main PCB)

Pictures of the stuff , and buyer feedback (ebay) as reference can be arranged.

Regards
Jani

Countraven
11th March 2011, 02:25
hello thanks for your reply and sorry for the little late answer.

I am after another second (!) cd-rom from another seller and do not want to rip him off... would make the final arrangements and if that do not work I will come back to you for details at it.

xxx euros is what I pay for another one -the first- that came broken!!!!! I am in a real bad luck my friend!

Will keep you posted, thanks!

chiark
11th March 2011, 08:07
My limited experience: clean the laser.

Do not try to adjust it, do not otherwise mess around with it. Just strip it and clean the laser lens carefully... It seems that the brush mechanism just drags muck around the lens.

This restored my 2 to full health. You do need to strip bits of the mechanism down to get at the lens, but it's fairly straightforward.

specialK
11th March 2011, 08:33
apologies for the offtopic.
has anyone tried connecting a "normal" CD-ROM drive to the CDTV ?

Countraven
14th March 2011, 19:04
@chiark:

thanks man!

will try it and see if there is any success. Maybe this would be the solution!

@Sailor:

You got PM please check and reply. I am interested on the CD-ROM.

@PO15KA:

I do not thing that this can be done.

sailor
16th March 2011, 08:35
Countraven; you have PM

Kin Hell
16th March 2011, 22:23
Hello,

I have one cd-rom drive, working. Tested it today with an audio-cd and worked withouth problems.

The ejectbutton (black) is broken.

What would a decent price be ? (excl. shipping)

(while at it, got some other spares too, including a whole main PCB)

Pictures of the stuff , and buyer feedback (ebay) as reference can be arranged.

Regards
Jani

You are not suppose to ask how much an Item is worth on the Forums:

See here please:

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=955

Thanks. :)

hello thanks for your reply and sorry for the little late answer.

I am after another second (!) cd-rom from another seller and do not want to rip him off... would make the final arrangements and if that do not work I will come back to you for details at it.

XX euros is what I pay for another one -the first- that came broken!!!!! I am in a real bad luck my friend!

Will keep you posted, thanks!

Tsk.... & now you are price driving by comparing it to something else you bought elsewhere. :nono:

I can't reprimand either of you as a VIP to AmiBay, but I can warn you both that these kind of activities on AmiBay will get you reprimanded if a Mod get's wind. Please keep these discussions private via PM. :thumbsup:

Best Wishes.

Kin

sailor
24th March 2011, 17:15
The CD-ROM is sold.

When i asked for a decent price, i didnt (IMO, neither it was not my intention to) ask what its worth... I even gave the cd-rom away for a lower price than the offer. I also made sure he got the cheapest shipping option available, which required me to repackage it a couple of times to keep the weight down.

If i want to know what something is worth, i throw it on ebay.. but i think its more value in helping someone out for a fair amount of money.

thanks

/Jani

AndyLandy
24th March 2011, 17:38
Since this is a Wanted thread, some negotiation is permitted since we don't have hard and fast rules on stating prices in wanted threads. However you do need to conduct any price discussions over PM, otherwise it can be interpreted as price-driving. Hope that clears things up a bit for you. :-)