Prometheus network

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Hi all,
i'm after some help please, has anyone put an A4K with Prometheus online?

if so how did you do it? with step by step instructions and software used?

any help gratefully recieved

thanks, JuvUK

I'm not sure if I did or not, I think for most of the time I just used a AriadneII card in a Zorro slot lower than where the Prometheus was inserted...

Just do a search with Prometheus and Internet or compatiable PCI cards. All you have to watch is you get a card with a certain type of chip which is supported...

for example, I just done a quick search

check this out

http://bvernoux.free.fr/DevPCI.php

When my new card arrives in a week or so I'll be looking a few things up too...

Hey Juvvy!

Have you already got a NIC for it?

You'll need something like an RTL8029 10Mb Ethernet card (I don't think your Prometheous supports 100mb cards?)

I guess you have a driver CD with the Prometheous?

Install as per the instructions (assuming it has some :readit:)

I suggest use MiamiDX, its included with Classic Workbench and you'll find it in the 'my files' drawer.

Its the easiest TCP/IP stack I found to setup as it has an auto install/setup procedure. So after you installed the program run 'Miamiinit'

Hopefully step by step it will auto detection of your settings, if not you can enter them manually as you go, I had to do this for my Mediator PCI's whereas the Netgear PCMCIA card picked them all up on its own...

So it would be useful to have:

IP address of the Amiga (mine was 192.168.1.101)
Subnet Mask (Mine was 255.255.255.0)
Gateway (Mine was 192.168.1.254)
DNS Server/s for your ISP (Mine was 87.194.0.51)

Once you have saved your configuation you can run MiamiDX and import your setting and then save them as default, you should at this point be good to go and hit 'online'

I know I don't have the experience of setting up a Prometheous, but I hope this info helps in some way.

Steve.

thanks for the replies

i have a RTL8029, installed the drivers, ran Genisis, starts searching for ip addresses then locks up, i wondered if anyone had any success with any specific drivers or software

thanks for the replies

i have a RTL8029, installed the drivers, ran Genisis, starts searching for ip addresses then locks up, i wondered if anyone had any success with any specific drivers or software

Be worth trying MiamiDX then mate.

Just a though if Miami locks up as well the you'd have a good idea that its a driver issue.

I'm using the MiamiDX 10 from Classic Workbench, I don't have any key for it, but seems fully functional.

If you need I can send you the archive, or you can rip it out of a CWB pack (unless you're running CWB?)

Steve.

hi guys,
I just wanted to post this from my A4K! :)

Thanks Steve, installed MiamiDX and away it went

hi guys,
I just wanted to post this from my A4K! :)

Thanks Steve, installed MiamiDX and away it went

Awesome (y)

Well pleased for you mate, erm I mean Arch Nemesis :ninja:

Back
Top Bottom