Software Question

noxenlux

Country
Beaverton, Oregon
Hey I recently purchased a video toaster off of ebay, However when I try installing the software it wants a cd named "flyer_cd_4.1" The cd I got with the toaster is called
"VT_CD_4.1D" I dont know if I am missing a disc or what. I also had to rename the Floppy disks that he included, as they were also mislabled. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Software Question

Hi again m8y. :D

Afair, the install bangs off from the floppy. The floppy version will ask for the relevant version CD to be inserted.
If file size checks are not done, you may get away with duplicating the CD but rename the volume of the, ahem*....Back up; - To just "flyer_cd_4.1"
- Another option is to find why the floppy script is asking for just flyer_cd_4.1D & try to edit it. This will probably be hard to do with total success.
- Make a back up of the floppy first though! :wink:

I only ever used 4.2 & 4.3 & of course the relevant Floppies!

You can still get replacement CD's from them afaik, but just how is the most effective way eludes me other than getting onto NewTek. They are still around.

Thanks Kin, I did try making a "backup" and renaming it, that didnt work so well. So I will talk to NewTek and see what they have to say. Thanks for the suggestions.

Waiting to hear from newtek on the replacement software I will call them again and see what I can do.

On another note, my A2k PSU died and I was wondering if a standard AT power supply will work, or if I have to get an adapter. I will check online for the answer, I just know you guys are quicker and know all this stuff off hand.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom