ami_junki

Banned
Rating - 100%
65   0   1
Country
Japan
Region
千葉
Recently I sold SBluter an A600, it was a machine that I had not had a chance to look at for around 6 months and it seems that during that time my my younger brother did some surgery to the machine and banged it up, unbeknowst to me I sold SBluter thinking that the machine was in the same condition that I had left it in 6 months ago. So I feel really bad for him and want to help him out, he had told me that the keyboard is not working (it was hanging out when he received it, which is already not a good sign) and that the floppy disc drive is not reading discs, there is a dent in the top of it and the LED cables have been cut. I would like get him a new keyboard and floppy disc drive, I`ll pay but have it sent to his address, also if anyone has any ideas as to what could be causing the problem, I am thinking maybe the cable has been cut or damaged to the keyboard. Anyways thanks for your help in advance guys.

Disk drive might just need a floppy cleaning disk run through it.

The LED's is classic opened the case up and snapped by mistake (guess this happened when your brother was doing the surgery?)

Blankstare is selling a keyboard, LED's is a simple solder fix or spare ones on ebay for pennies.

All the best.

Steve.

Cheers Steve, yeah that sounds like him, unfortunately Blankstare has used the keyboard for something else so on the look out again. I`ll suggest SBluter to try a disc cleaner, probably after all that time in storage there must be a lot dust in it.

Cheers Steve, yeah that sounds like him, unfortunately Blankstare has used the keyboard for something else so on the look out again. I`ll suggest SBluter to try a disc cleaner, probably after all that time in storage there must be a lot dust in it.

Thats a shame.

Best of luck and hope it gets sorted. Worst case you could offer partial refund?

Steve.

On an A600 the whole keyboard can get out when the a600 is not assembled. I might be looking for spares, if you need to refund you might be able to recoup a bit through me, at least if the top cover plastic etc is in working order. That way you do not loose the complete amount.

---------- Post added at 20:38 ---------- Previous post was at 20:37 ----------

O and for the keyboard look at the connector ribbon if it has all copper and the closing plastic to put pressure to have contact..

Thanks for the offer, at the moment SBluter wants to see if he can get the A600 up and running at the moment, it seems that just the keyboard and disc drive are knackered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom