Dead 1084S

OzAMICD32

Country
Australia
Region
Queensland
My 1084S has died after many years of service and without the correct service manual it can't be repaired.

So my question is what is the quickest, easiest and cheapest method of connecting a new LCD to my A4000 and A1200. Something which is readily available with little or no waiting time waiting for stock to become available.
;)

cheers

If your LCD is an LCD TV and has an S-video connector you can buy an amigamaniac amiga RGB to s-video adapter from www.amigamaniac.com.

The only other alternative is buy a used scandoubler/flickerfixer as there are none available new at the moment. Hopefully very soon Individual Computers releases the indivisionAGA mkII. But as of right now it is not available.

Good call. Have several of those S-Video adapters - they work well.

Unforunately, all the latest LCD TVs no longer have USB!

Crazy.

LCD TV has an S-video port but the A4000 doesn't.
Checked Nathan's site and he's out of stock currently.
I'll see what's available in the way of scandoublers/flickerfixers.
Thanks

LCD TV has an S-video port but the A4000 doesn't.
Checked Nathan's site and he's out of stock currently.
I'll see what's available in the way of scandoublers/flickerfixers.
Thanks

Nathans adapters plug into the 4000s native RGB port and provide s-video output. Shame he is out of stock, really a good value for money solution.

If you don't mind to resurrect the deceased monitor, just tell what's wrong with it and we can help.

A schematic can be provided, too. :)

It's simply too sad to see an awesome monitor like the 1084 going to bin. Even because all the replacement parts (but the tube) can be found at very cheap prices.

Even if you find the schematics, you'll probably cannot find a specific item or IC that could be damaged...
Amigamaniac's converter will be ready in 2 weeks as he informed me.
If your LCD doesn't have an S-Video connector you'll probably need additionally the Video to VGA converter he also sells.

---------- Post added at 11:11 ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 ----------

http://www.devili.iki.fi/Computers/Commodore/C1084S/schematics/

I passed the monitor onto a good mate who is an electronics technician. I also gave him every circuit diagram on the 1084S I could find. He told me later that none of the circuits I gave him matched the monitor. To many different variations over many years of production I suppose.

I sent Nathan a question regarding availability, currently I haven't heard back from him. Two weeks wait isn't to bad I suppose.

C= did sold two major variations of the 1084S: one is just the Philips CM8833 rebadged.

The other is a Daewoo monitor made under C= name.

If the schematics you gave doesn't match, then the monitor is the other type.

BTW: on almost 80% of the cases, it's just the LOPT (aka "flyback") that get busted, sometimes taking the horizontal transistor with it.

Replacing both (the horizontal transistor can be replaced by a modern-day equivalent without any worries) will cure the monitor.

Back
Top Bottom