Strange, no picture

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Hi all,
here's a wierd one, i've got no picture through native video, doom plays fine via RTG, and workbench displays no problem, but if I run anything via native AGA blank screen.

WHDload gives me a suspend/reboot option for all games, Wing Commander boots and i can hear the music, i can also blindly use the joystick to go through the menus so the machine hasn't locked up.

this could be 2 issues i guess, display and a WHDLoad issue, i have tried reinstalling WHDLoad but no joy.

any ideas?

cheers, JuvUK

If this was anything but an Amiga I'd suggest it may be something to do with the pinouts... Does it have any expansions? Try it without just to eliminate any interference perhaps if so?
Try a different cable too perhaps?

thanks Amineo,
tried a coupleof vga cables, no joy, also ran the miggy as just the mainboard, CPU card and memory still nowt:(

maybe my scan doubler has died? (much wailing and gnashing of teeth)

@Juvvy

Is this a Scan Doubler then on the Video Slot?

You could try cleaning the contacts between the daughter board and motherboard and also clean the contacts between the video slot and scan doubler.

I had a similar issue with my PicassoIV not displaying native modes, a clean up cured it for a while then it went again, I had to replace the daughter board in the end.

If you're talking about the RGB output on the motherboard try an old A500 Modulator and see if you get anything.

All the best mate!

Steve.

hi Steve,
i have an internal scan doubler (clips onto the motherboard) and it out puts to VGA, the RTG side is perfect (Doom runs sooooo fast in full screen:))

just nothing from the native side:(

hi Steve,
i have an internal scan doubler (clips onto the motherboard) and it out puts to VGA, the RTG side is perfect (Doom runs sooooo fast in full screen:))

just nothing from the native side:(

Is it one of these DCE, Flicker/Scan Magic things?

Maybe the little white cable has come away, mine did that :(

Zetr0 fixed in 3.2 seconds flat :D

voodoo 3

maybe someone could lent me an A520 video modulator? then i would know if it was the scan doubler or not?

Juzza.

Are you running a Screen Mode promotion Tool m8?

Charlie

uuummmmm remember to use small words and simple sentences m8;)

but i don't think so, it is a problem that has only arisen since i installed the cyberstorm libs on Sunday morning, but i can't see how they would have any affect?, would the "cybertools" do anything?

uuummmmm remember to use small words and simple sentences m8;)

but i don't think so, it is a problem that has only arisen since i installed the cyberstorm libs on Sunday morning, but i can't see how they would have any affect?, would the "cybertools" do anything?

Hmm, libs can cause all sorts off issues mate. Was helping out a friend with his blizzy 060 and he had wrong 060 libs and was only getting 64mb Ram instead of the 128mb installed. Fixed the libs and the rest of the Ram appeard :blink:

About the 040, AFAIK you don't need any libs, I've got Apollo 040 and thats working perfect without any extra libs (except HS Math which I installed for better PFU performance)

Can you reverse what you did with the Libs and see if that cures the issue?

Steve.

ps. I think I sent my RF modulator to someone here but I have an AmigaManiac SVideo adapter you can borrow. :)

Hit me up on PM if you need it, is also has comp0shite output.

as i'm using an rtg workbench it will be no problem to reinstalled the old libs, i wonder if the cybertools added anything to my start-up?

voodoo 3

maybe someone could lent me an A520 video modulator? then i would know if it was the scan doubler or not?

If you wanna borrow one let me know. I've got a couple of good working units.

Dave G :cool:

thanks guys,
i'll revert back to the old libs (not feeling hopeful about this) and if still no luck i may be in touch to borrow some test equipment(y)

cheers, JuvUK

@Juvvie

PM replied and address label printed already :D

Dave G :cool:

ok i suck..
found this thread because it was similar to one i was reading..
posted THEN checked dates :double

Back
Top Bottom