VIP
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Country
Denmark
Region
Sealand
Hey guys

Looking for a Roland MT-32 and a 401 interface to control it - especially the MPU401 card, since it's harder to find. Possibly also an SC-55/SCC-1.
Not necessarily together though:)

Really want those old DOS games to sound their best!

Much appreciate any offers to sell :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you buy a SBAWE32 with a daughterboard ? (SCB-55 or Db50XG)

It's exactly the same.

hardly the same.... nothing is the same like a real MT-32 or hardware compatible synth.
An Awe32 or SCB-55 or DB50 are nowhere close to what a real MT-32 sounds like.

My advice would be to also look for a CM-32L or CM-64L (or a LAPC-I) because they have the extra 33 sound-fx some games use for footsteps (for ex. Ultima Underworld 1) or general sounds like screeching doors / monsters (for ex. Might & Magic series).

Why don't you buy a SBAWE32 with a daughterboard ? (SCB-55 or Db50XG)

It's exactly the same.

If I could find either, that might also be an option, but first priority is an MT-32.

---------- Post added at 13:53 ---------- Previous post was at 13:50 ----------

hardly the same.... nothing is the same like a real MT-32 or hardware compatible synth. An Awe32 or SCB-55 or DB50 are nowhere close to what a MT-32 sounds like.

The SCB-55 would be a viable option to the SC-55, but not to the MT-32.

Obviously the very best would be an SCC-1 and connect the MT-32 to that, but the SCC-1 seems to be very hard to find.

yes, you could use the SCC-1 as a high quality GM and GS synth and the MT-32 as the LA synth... infact they will both play at the same time - one will play correct and the other horrible depending on the data/standard they get - and all you need to do is have a mixer or manually adjust what you want to hear...

I will send you a PM because I have an SCC-1 I might be tempted to let go...

after some pm'ing with slk486 I have decided to part with the following items... I will post all info here for the sake of transparency :) here we go:

1. Roland MPU-401AT interface , it was bought as NOS , box was damaged though... it was indeed NOS but I have tested it. Works perfect. Comes with everything in the packege, the card and 2 midi cables. Yep, no manual, although I have printed the irq/address settings.

2. NEC's licensed clone of the YAMAHA DB50-XG wavetable card , not much to say it is the same as the yamaha model but with extra analogue inputs. Works perfect.

3. A Roland CM-32L module. Slightly yellowed (no big deal) and working perfect.
There is a catch: it comes with no psu. The original was 110v and I opted out of shipping it to save money. It is a normal, standar, very common 9v one (I use a multi-psu I have for my experiments) and you can get one for 3-5eur. It is nothing special and I will add a pic below of the module's power-in jack.

here are the mandatory pics:

CM-32L:
erbm12.jpg

the power-in jack:
18jg93.jpg

The MPU401-AT , it's "compressed from years" box, the roland midi adaptor cables, the NEC daughterboard and a set of new flexible midi cables along with a jack adaptor so you can get a normal 3.5mm stereo-out jack from the CM-32L
20q1kiv.jpg

Total Cost of items: 178eur
Shipping cost: Due to weight (~2.6KG , the cm-32L is almost 2kg alone) there will be 2 different registered packages shipped , total cost for both is 25eur.
Payment methods: Either IBAN transfer or gift paypal.

slk486 if you need more pics or any info please ask!
thanks!

Sounds great keropi, and may I say, excellent choice :LOL:

Have plenty of those power adapters lying around, so I'm sure I can find something that fits the CM-32Ls needs.
No further pictures necessary.

Thank you so much for deciding to do the right thing ;)

Sending PM.

Payment made.

Last edited:
money received!
thanks!!!!

update: registered parcels posted!

Last edited:
items received, all working, positive feedback left and received - and that means this thread has served it's purpose succesfully :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom