Ya' Like it Retr0?
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Norfolk
Hello there my friend,

I am now clearing out some of the "doubles" that I have as today I have gone through one of my storage's and discoverd I am hoarding a bit of a cache, on top of which my brother poped over today and gave me a Spectrum 128k (toast rack! :wooha:)

So now its time to release a few back into the wilds... so without further ado -

The Spectrum 128k + £55 + Postage (Or near Offer) (Now sold to TC)
Affectionately known as the "Toast Rack" this little black beauty got me all excited in spectrum's again, its not right that I should have two of these mythical beasts so one is now up for grabs =)

(click to zoom)

(click to zoom)

CPU: Z80
RAM: 128k
Sound: AY Synth

Ports

Z80 Expansion bus
RS232
AUX (key pad port)
RF out
TTL RGB Port
Ear / Mic

Included in the sale is
A Kempston joystick interface,
An official Sinclair 9VDC power Pack
She comes in a very tatty box, that's not fit for shipping, so if you want the box, I will find a bigger box to put it all in, with a whole lot of bubble wrap.

The Spectrum 48k + £20 + Postage (Or near Offer) (Sold to Karletto66)
This is revised Spectrum 48k with a better action keyboard and a reset button.

(Click to Zoom)

This particular unit I have modified for Composite out so none of that nasty RF signal and tuning issues. This now works perfectly on my Plasma TV.

(Click to Zoom)

RAM: 48k
Sound: Internal Beeper

Ports

Z80 Expansion bus
RF out
Ear / Mic

Included in the sale is
Kempston interface

Not i
ncluded in the sale
9VDC Power supply is required

The Spectrum 128k +2 (Grey) +
£25 + Postage (Or near Offer)
This is revised Spectrum 128k +2 Grey Model with a much better action keyboard (and layout) with built in tape deck

(Click to Zoom)

(Click to Zoom)

(Click to Zoom)

(Click to Zoom)

Sound: AY-Synth

Ports

Z80 Expansion bus
RS232 (MIDI out)
RF out
TTL RGB output
2x SJS Joystick inputs: needs cross-over lead for Atari (common 9pin) sticks
Ear / Mic

Included in the sale is
9VDC Power Pack

The Spectrum 128k +3e +
£55 + Postage (Or near Offer)
This is revised Spectrum 128k +3 with the addition of +3e ROM, this spectrum also has a built in 3" Floppy Disc Drive =)

This little monster found its way to my house last week and I spent a few hours upgrading the ROM's to +3e ROM's

With the +3e basic there are a lot more things you can do, like load 48k game snapshots from floppy disk, as well as add simple 8bit Hard-drives (through the use of a simply made adapter)

you can read more here about the +3e

I am planning on building some simple 8bit IDE interfaces for the +2e and the +3e - these will allow you to use CF card in memory mode - allowing over 6000 partitions of 16MB each ... 16MB might not sound a lot but that is over 340 48k games on each partition!

(Click to Zoom)

(Click to Zoom)

(Click to Zoom)

(Click to Zoom)

Sound: AY-Synth

Ports

Z80 Expansion bus
RS232 (MIDI out)
RF out
RGB output (not TTL)
2x SJS Joystick inputs: needs cross-over lead for Atari (common 9pin) sticks
Full Printer Port
External Disck Drive [B: ] port
Ear (Audio input)

Included in the sale is

Original +3 Roms

Not included
Requires Power Pack (can be run from an adapted ATX PSU)

And that my Sinclair loving chums is it... phew.... *gasp*.... my fingers are sore

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask, also I happy to look at trades / part ex's as well =)

Last edited:
Interested in the Spectrum 128K Toastrack

Can I PM you in the morning please Zeets as I'm off for some Z's now ;)

Cheers
TC :cool:

Z, some fine examples of computing there!
Not personally interested (low on budget :)), but great stuff.
Good luck with the sale (y)

Oooow why am I blessed with bad fate? :sigh:
That's a tasty 128 though thanks to a week break up north this week someone (TC?) will be very lucky indeed (and a warm house too :LOL:).

If you got any empty boxes for a +2 or 48k rubber key'd Speccy please let me know. :)

Hi!

I could be interested in both 48K and +3, pending pictures and some questions :)

I'll send you a PM in an hour. Please calculate the shipping costs too ;)

Thanks!
Regards.

Thread Update

Thread Update

Thread Update

Interested in the +2 Grey, pending some pictures :)

Pictures are up now my friend,

After seeing your user name - it reminds me I was supposed to PM you last week (sorry about that), I have tested the 2GB Transcend card with my A1200 and CF - PCMCIA adapter and I was able to see and format the card on the target machine =)

Hi!

I could be interested in both 48K and +3, pending pictures and some questions :)

I'll send you a PM in an hour. Please calculate the shipping costs too ;)

Thanks!
Regards.

Weight without packaging

The 48k+ weighs 0.6grams
The +3e weighs 1.6KG's

Adding both of these together would put the weight outside of the standard postal office limit of 2KG's, as such if you wanted both via the standard postal service it would need to be by courier or independently packaged - so lets take a look -

Independently Packaged (£19.10/£23.96)

48K+ Spectrum on the cheapest available would be £7.60.
This includes a further 400 grams for packaging and insurance up to £41

+3e Spectrum on the cheapest available would be £11.50
This includes a further 300 grams of packaging and insurance up to £41

Thats a total of £19.10 in postage for both units, alternatively you could look at international signed for postage on the +3e as this only costs £16.36 (under £5 more than the basic postage)
Combined Courier to Spain (£18.50)

The best I have found in sending both systems via courier to Spain, Is DHL European RS at £15.29 + VAT ( £18.50 ), this is the better part of a quid cheaper and easier on the packaging for me, its a 3 day turn around service and has a signed for component for our safe of mind =)

This service is insured up to £50, if you want more insurance on the parcel (say £100) then it will cost and extra £2.50
I hope that helps - now off to PM you some answers.

2nd In line for the Toastrack please m8 - just let me know .....

Sorry buddy, TC decided to dress up as a Ninja last night and err... got carried away a bit... and well.... Ninja'd =)

---------- Post added at 13:22 ---------- Previous post was at 13:18 ----------

Payment sent for Spectrum 128K Toastrack

Cheers Mate (y)
TC ;)

Cheers TC, now sorting out a courier =)

Thanks Zeets

A real pleasure speaking with you this morning, many thanks again.:bowdown:
I've always wanted one of those Spectrums as they are the last real Sinclair produced....

If it's any help to the buyer of the +3 model, I have an original Manual / User guide for the +3 which I could let them have just for P&P.

Best Wishes
TC (y)

Hi.

Thanks Zetr0 for a very much detailed information!! But I think I'll have to decline my interest on both, as I though the first one was a rubber spectrum, and for the second, it's too much right now for my budget... (unexpected money spent...)

Good luck for the sale!

Thanks TheCorfiot too for you kind offer :)

Regards, and sorry!! :(

Hi !
Hom much for expedition for the 48k to ITALY ?
Is working all good, all keyboard keys and so on ?
Thanks !
;)

Just out of curiosity:

Anyone know if any of the +2/A/B models 100% compatible with the original Spectrum 128K?
Info on the net about this issue is inconclusive, some say the grey +2 is compatible, others say it has the same issues as the +2A/B...

From my own experience on my +2A & +3, most games I tried work, but many demos (especially Polish ones) dont, I'm not sure what is the exact cause.

When I was a kid, I remember giving away a few games to my best mate to run on his grey +2, since they didn't run on my black +2A. I'm reasonably sure this was even true of the 48k emulation mode, not just the native 128k mode.

That +3e is sooooo tempting...

/me goes off to count pennies.

@Javidoom

Don't worry chap, good luck on your next retro-acquisitions =)

@Karletto66

The 48k+ computer has been stripped and rebuilt, all the keys function and the device has been altered slightly to output a composite signal (not RF). because of this modification it can now work on newer displays like Plasma and LCD TV's without having to tune them in.

Of course it will still work on the older CRT's and will also offer better picture quality over RF (UHF)

(click to zoom)

Shipping

Shipping to Italy isn't too bad - Non signed for £7.56, signed for £12.51

As both of these services are insured up to £46 in case of loss or damage, there is only one difference in these services -

Non-Signed For
In the case of loss there is an 6-8 week wait while the post office conducts an investigation

Signed For
In the case of loss there is only (up-to) a 2 week investigatory period

---------- Post added at 15:31 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Just out of curiosity:

Anyone know if any of the +2/A/B models 100% compatible with the original Spectrum 128K?
Info on the net about this issue is inconclusive, some say the grey +2 is compatible, others say it has the same issues as the +2A/B...

From my own experience on my +2A & +3, most games I tried work, but many demos (especially Polish ones) dont, I'm not sure what is the exact cause.

The problem is ROM and Memory Contention Model

The Amstrad (Sinclair) Spectrum +2 (Grey) has the same memory contention mode as the Sinclair 128K+, however Amstrad changed some features in the ROM (like license / copyright) as such old games that hit the ROM locations directly were broken by this change.

Personally for me (with the use of my DivIDE) I have found the +2 and 128K to be compatible with what I have thrown at it. There's a couple of tricks to get some of the 16K games to run but its not that hard.

To be honest there are only a handful of game titles that are incompatible, due to the memory contention of the later Spectrum models: of those titles these would of been written to "work" as opposed to the published specifications (as they were wrong)

Amstrad corrected a lot of bugs in the Spectrum through its culmination (remember the +2A/B is in fact a revision of the +3).. In doing so corrected the memory contention to be inline with the published specifications of the time...

Interestingly, the Sinclair 128k and the Amstrad 128k +2 are not inline with the published specifications of memory contention from Sinclair... not that anyone is surprised lol

Unfortunately there is likely to be a problem with some demos, there is a list of sorts on World of Spectrum and some threads detailing this.

...That +3e is sooooo tempting...

/me goes off to count pennies.

/Zetr0 bakes some cookies for extra temptyness =)

Damn.. why is it when you are looking for a list of compatible/incompatible titles you can never find it.... but ever other Google search seems to bring it up =(

Hi

Lot of post here.... I'm lost a bit...... :)

This one:

The Spectrum 128k +3e + £55 + Postage (Or near Offer)

Still available?

If yes. I declare my interest to buy, but I have some questions:

- It's possible to use on LCD Monitors?
- What about power suply?

Thanks

Hi

Lot of post here.... I'm lost a bit...... :)

This one:

The Spectrum 128k +3e + £55 + Postage (Or near Offer)

Still available?

If yes. I declare my interest to buy, but I have some questions:

- It's possible to use on LCD Monitors?
- What about power suply?

Thanks

I think either Andy is still counting his pennies, in which case he has too many of them, OR and is more likely.... he has forgotten where he put them =)

Andy can you confirm your penny counting disorder =)

Payment sent for 48+
;)

Payment received, my sincere thanks - all boxed and read for shipping to Italy... please don't tell my wife as she wants to all of Italy.... I think she might put postage over the limit, I best double check the parcel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom