Status
Not open for further replies.

dougal

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Country
Malta
I have just bought a Macbook Air as i needed an Intel based Mac, so its time to sell my beloved Powerbook G4.

The Laptop is in very good condition with just the normal few scratches you could expect from a 5 year old laptop. There is a small dent on the front left side of the bottom case but it does not affect the laptop in any way.

I have just (yesterday) replaced the battery with a BRAND NEW Genuine Apple battery, so its giving over 2.5 hours. The old battery is included in the sale and that still gives a decent 45mins-1hr.

The spec is as follows:

Powerbook G4 Aluminium
15.2" Widescreen (1280x854 native resolution)
1.67Ghz PowerPC
2GB DDR Ram
SuperDrive DVD Writer
Backlit Keyboard
Airport Extreme (Wifi) 802.11a/b/g
Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
Two finger scrolling + Two finger right click tapping on Trackpad (Like the Macbooks)
x2 USB 2.0 Ports, FW400, FW800, DVI Out, S-Video Out
Gigabit Ethernet + Modem

There is OS X 10.5.8 Leopard installed as well as iLife'09

PROS:
Brand New battery (Installed on 5th May 2011)
Works perfectly
Perfect and bright screen

CONS:
-The Superdrive is a bit temperamental. Sometimes it will try and read a DVD and the just spit it out again. Might need cleaning, i dont know.
-Sometimes the left internal speaker cuts out.

Included in sale:
The Powerbook G4
Powersupply (This is a 3rd party replacement)
The New battery and the old battery

This would be perfect for when MorphOS starts supporting them or if you are not interested in Morphos it makes a brilliant OSX Leopard laptop. I use it everyday for my day to day stuff like browsing facebook, emails, youtube and office applications and it has a very good speed.

Price is 300 Euros + shipping. It will be packaged very carefully and sent via a courier like UPS or DHL.

Pictures can be posted later as i am at work right now and the laptop is at home.

Please close thread as i changed my mind and decided to give it to the wife instead of selling it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom