PDA

View Full Version : Found Spectrum +2

jono
13th May 2011, 19:54
I'm after a Spectrum +2 not bothered about it being boxed just as long as its reasonable condition and it works ok (Just want one for playing games , collecting)

Would ideally like a +2 (Grey model) but would also be interested in a +2A or +2B or even a 128K Toast Rack (I can dream can't I :))

If local would be willing to collect

Thanks,

Jon

Chinners
14th May 2011, 10:25
I have a working boxed grey 128+2

Do you want to pm me what sort of price you want to pay? I live "up north" so local collection is kinda out of the question, but postage will be less than a tenner.

It is slightly yellowed, but not too bad. I have had to repair the power supply as the old lead was broken.

Its had its tape belts replaced though, and heads aligned.

I will put photos up when I get back if your interested. (just about to be dragged out shopping by the Mrs)

jono
14th May 2011, 11:30
Sending PM

Chinners
14th May 2011, 16:45
No pm received?

Anyway, a few pictures:
This is the spectrum with manual next to it. You can see that the case as discoloured slightly with age by comparing the grey of the manual with the grey of the unit. You can also see the polystyrene is a bit beaten up.

This is the power supply. The cable from the PSU to the spectrum was dodgy - if you held it wrong it would break the connection. I therefore replaced the whole cable so it still has a moulded plug on the end.

The box has also had a bit of a beating.

Here it is, in its box. The joystick box next to it is EMPTY, but I was going to chuck in a "Cheetah Bug" joystick and a few games to get you up and running.

I did forget to photograph the RF (telly) lead, but if you enjoy using the machine, I would really consider getting a Scart connector.

Anyway, because it isn't mint, but has been "serviced", hows about 25, which includes UK postage (DHL) for this little lot?

I won't be offended if you don't want it :)

jono
15th May 2011, 00:19
Hi Jasey,

I think the PM I sent didn't go through properly, am new to this forum so I'm sure it was my error.

Anyway, believe it or not 25 was exactly what I had in mind :)

Yellowing looks fine and anything you can throw in would be much appreciated.

Let me know the details for payment etc..

I was considering a SCART lead but have heard mixed reviews have you had a positive experience with a modern LCD TV ?

Cheers,

Jon

Chinners
15th May 2011, 11:50
Hi Jasey,

I think the PM I sent didn't go through properly, am new to this forum so I'm sure it was my error.

Anyway, believe it or not 25 was exactly what I had in mind :)

Yellowing looks fine and anything you can throw in would be much appreciated.

Let me know the details for payment etc..

I was considering a SCART lead but have heard mixed reviews have you had a positive experience with a modern LCD TV ?

Cheers,

Jon

Hi John,

I will PM you details in a moment.

As for the Scart lead on modern tvs, I have a toshiba LCD and a cheapo bush TV. Using my Amstrad, the tosh shows in grayscale from 2 of the 3 scart sockets, the bush tv is fine on any...

I have heard people having no luck at all with a modern TV though. I think if you can manually set your TV to AV mode, you may have some joy, if you can set RGB mode, you will have joy!

Funnily though, I find that old fashioned CRTs give the best image quality. I have a couple I got from car boot sales for 3 quid a pop which work fine.

You will have to make sure you get a lead for the Grey +2, as it has a different pinout to the +2 black models and +3.

Cheers

Chinners
16th May 2011, 21:13
Payment received (cheers Jon!), Courier booked.

jono
18th May 2011, 21:50
+2 Arrived today, works great thanks very much !!

Leaving Feedback... :)