Getting IDEFIX to Work on A4000

OzAMICD32

Country
Australia
Region
Queensland
:censored: :censored: :censored:

I really hope someone can tell me in simple terms how to IDEFIX to work on my A4000 cause I'm running out of hair to pull out.

I've run the install script but the find device can't find my CD device. I'm getting and error message which says "atapi.device failed returncode 20"

Can someone please help me out.

thanks

Hi

As first steps I recommend you to.....

- Try to use short cables. The older "standard" ones of 40 pins are the best.
- If you have only one HDD and one CD, set as master devices PM & SM
- Be sure IDEFix is started before scanning for devices (using the scsi.device, of course).
- Also check if you have enough power to all devices installed

Best wishes

Setting as Primary Master & Secondary Master never worked for me. I ended up sticking with SCSI.

You shouldn't have any problems if you set HD to Primary Master & CD to Primary Slave. Throw anything else on the Secondary header & all I had was a pile of trouble. Also swapping the Headers on the cable can make a difference & is something I didn't bother with when trying to get the secondary channel working.

SCSI all the way for a right job.

Good luck bud. (y)

Kin

Last edited:
I never managed to get certain ide hard disk to work together with ide cdrom on A4000. When I removed ide hard disk cdrom started working. I know how to cable and set master / slave as well.

I don't use IDEfix adapter on A4K, only on A1200 & A600. For A4K's time a go I used the Buffered IDE interface from Amigakit & works fine in the two channels -with IDEfix software installed-.

But searching more speed I changed it, first for FastATA-MKV.. later for UW-SCSI.... (I use now the FastATA only for backup purpouses).

Hi

As first steps I recommend you to.....

- Try to use short cables. The older "standard" ones of 40 pins are the best.
- If you have only one HDD and one CD, set as master devices PM & SM
- Be sure IDEFix is started before scanning for devices (using the scsi.device, of course).
- Also check if you have enough power to all devices installed

Best wishes

Thanks for the help. I tried each step with no luck. (n)

Any other suggestions.
Is there a way to manually install the required drivers into the right places.

Back
Top Bottom