VIP
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Country
UK
Region
Manchester
Hi,

I'm looking for a socket 478 motherboard, preferably one that can take DDR-II memory; it doesn't matter if the board is AGP or PCI-E or even has on board video, I am just building a spare machine for my son. It doesn't have to be mint and boxed, as long as it has the backplate, manual and drivers CD.

If you have one lying around spare, give me a shout with price including UK postage.

Ta

Merlin

Re: Socket 478 motherboard wanted

I have one working dell, and one more beefed up. The later has it smd bios chip removed. I never got around to put in the new socket.

The bios less is free. Cost of shipping only. The dell one is $64000 or ONO:) lol

Merlin said:
Hi,

I'm looking for a socket 478 motherboard, preferably one that can take DDR-II memory; it doesn't matter if the board is AGP or PCI-E or even has on board video, I am just building a spare machine for my son. It doesn't have to be mint and boxed, as long as it has the backplate, manual and drivers CD.

If you have one lying around spare, give me a shout with price including UK postage.

Ta

Merlin

Ps, I have a burnt bios chip for it. Just not the right kind of socket, I ordered the wrong kind from biosman.com

arnljot said:
I have one working dell, and one more beefed up. The later has it smd bios chip removed. I never got around to put in the new socket.

The bios less is free. Cost of shipping only. The dell one is $64000 or ONO:) lol

LOL arnljot! :LOL:

The "no bios" card is a MSI 865PE Neo2-V, and I have two spare bios chips for it. But the card has no socket for them, it needs to be bought elsewhere and soldered on. Like I said, this bundle is free, only cost is P&P.

The dell card is from a Dell Dimension 8300, support info is here. Having done some soul searching, and research. I've decided that a fair value for the Dell card is £30, and then add P&P.

One important thing to bear in mind with the Dell card is that it's not any common form factor. It's Dell. So you either need to customize a case, or buy a Dell case. This Dell 8300 is collecting dust in my attic with my 3Ghz P4 prescot cpu. If you don't take it, I'll "MAME" it one day.

@ arnljot

I'll pass, thanks; I think my old Black & Decker "rework station" might melt the socket while trying to attach it!!

:LOL:

pics pics pics,

I may be able to help :)

Zetr0 said:
pics pics pics,

I may be able to help :)

Merlin, I do not mean to hijack your thread - but I think the idea is that Zetr0 might fix this puppy up for you :)

Attachments

• DSC00041-medium.JPG
    DSC00041-medium.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00040-medium.JPG
    DSC00040-medium.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 0

@Arnie

easy peasy!

even in my weak (infected) state I can do that, I think i have a 28pin PLCC socket doing nothing ;)

think I may have a few programmable chippies too :D

@Merlicious

upto you m8y, if your not in a rush I can do this for you m8, Kiniies Z3 must come first :)

@Merlin

The price is btw sans CPU. If you need that too we can discuss. Just realized that I'd posted pics with CPU & Fan.

@Zetr0

Glad to hear you can help. Btw it's either "Ar9" or "arnljot". "Arnie", "Arnljot" or other variants are not acknowledged :LOL:

LOL

sure thing Ar9 :)

I have a Gigabyte Skt 478 Mobo you can have for the price of postage - It`s AGP. I have the backplate and I think Drivers, doubt I have the manual.

There is a small problem with it - Some of the Capacitors need replacing - the board will run fine for months, then Blue Screen of death, reboot, fine for another few months.
It`s a pretty decent board other than that, I was pondering whether to bin it or sell it till I saw your post.

Lemmy know if you`re interested..........

@Merlin

You lucky git :) :LOL: Now you have two suitors, if you take me up on the offer I will ship it to Zetro tomorrow.

I withdraw my offer since I've desided to make a MAME tabletop

Fair enough.

Hey Merlin, if your interested i have 3 motherboards with CPU's you can have for the price of po$stage.
The first is a fully working ECS K7S5A complete with AMD Duron 1600Mhz CPU and heatsink/fan.
[attachment=2:8lp456t8]K7S5A.JPG[/attachment:8lp456t8]

The Second is a fully working MS-6380E complete with AMD Athlon 1600Mhz CPU and heatsink/fan
[attachment=1:8lp456t8]MS-6380E.JPG[/attachment:8lp456t8]

The third is an untested (because i had no heatsink/fan) MS6787 with (i believe) a P4 skt478 CPU but no heatsink/fan.
[attachment=0:8lp456t8]MS-6787.JPG[/attachment:8lp456t8]

I don't have any driver disks for any of them although i'm sure you could find them on the web easy enough. Also the two AMD mobo's don't have backplates but the skt478 p4 does.
I recieved all these mobo's from freecycle and don't wanna bin them if they can be of use to you or someone else.

Thanks

Mike

Attachments

• K7S5A.JPG
    K7S5A.JPG
    207.1 KB · Views: 1
  • MS-6380E.JPG
    MS-6380E.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 0
  • MS-6787.JPG
    MS-6787.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 1

Thanks Scrappy,

Please let me know what the postage would be for the third board & CPU - the MS6787, and I will sort payment out..

Cheers

M

The 2nd one looks interesting
I have to upgrade my sisters pc as she is using a celeron 1Ghz dont know how she manages

Not wanting to appear as though I am pimping one's thread here, but I have a 2.4Ghz Celeron available if required! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom