Exeter, Devon, UK
Hi

I am looking out for one of the following:

<LI class=level1>I-O Data IDSC21-E
<LI class=level1>Yamaha V769970
<LI class=level1>Acard AEC-7720U

Thanks for your time!

Regards

Addonics don't make bridges, they are a reseller.

That link is for an Acard AEC-7726 which isn't great for Amiga. AEC-7720U is much more suited.

Yessum, cannot remember which model Acard I have, but it is HOPELESS. You may as well try and interface a hundred dollar note between the scsi interface and ide drive! :)

So there ARE some Scsi to IDE bridges worth buying? I thought they were all rubbish? We really need a good scsi guide, it seems to be the single biggest hurdle most miggy owners have.

Steven, did you ever try to downgrade the ACARD firmware? Latest one is buggy on Amiga SCSI.

Just checked. The 7720U is the one I have! It is a paperweight! So unless I have a "buggy" version, I would be very careful before laying out cash for this thing.

BTW - I have tried the 7720u on a pc and it works fine, so I dont think it is a problem with the bridge. I dont have the manual for the 7720u, but I originally tried every possible combination of jumpers etc - no difference.

I will try to find a downloadable manual and try again over the next few days in case I can get it to work reliably. At least I can let you guys know whether it is a viable solution for the miggy... or a waste of cash.

---------- Post added at 06:44 ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 ----------

Steven, did you ever try to downgrade the ACARD firmware? Latest one is buggy on Amiga SCSI.

No I didnt, didnt know the latest firmware was a problem. Will try that though, dont suppose you have a link mate?

hi

first thanks for the replies. next i put this in the wqrong section should be in hardware section! ;) thirdly this isnt for my amiga its for my sharp x68000! ;) anyone have an adaptor kicking around? :)

Hi I have a spare IO-Data SCSI-IDE Bridge, PM sent to discuss :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom