Status
Not open for further replies.

dougal

AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Country
Malta
Looking to upgrade the ram of my iMac G3 (CRT) slot loader. It is a 450Mhz model and i think it has 384MB Ram at the moment.

It takes PC100/PC133 and i think can go up to 1GB ram.

It runs at an ok speed but im sure OS X tiger will run much nicer with more ram :)

Are you sure? I thought they could only go up to 512MB. That's what my brother's is maxed out at.

I might have some PC100 lying about the place, I'll have a dig around for you. Might take me a few days to pin it down though, so if you get a better offer first, go for it. :)

Are you sure? I thought they could only go up to 512MB. That's what my brother's is maxed out at.

I might have some PC100 lying about the place, I'll have a dig around for you. Might take me a few days to pin it down though, so if you get a better offer first, go for it. :)

Thanks. I appreciate it. Afaik the slot loading models support 1GB.

This is the (ram) info for my model of iMac G3 (source: wikipedia). I'm good for 1GB! Yayyyy! I must say that Macs are quite sensitive to what ram sticks you put inside them. I have 2 512MB SDRAM modules (PC133) and they refuse to work in my Power Mac G4 and my iMac G3.

Memory
Two slots for
PC100 SDRAM

64MB or 128MB
Expandable to 1GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom