PDA

View Full Version : Wanted A working Speccy floppy.

tokyoracer
4th July 2011, 15:35
I'm just after a floppy that someone is willing to sell or I can borrow (and send back) just to test my Spectrum +3 with. I don't know if it's my drive or the only disk I have I have on me currently is at fault. :shrug:

Thanks for looking. :)

Zetr0
4th July 2011, 15:43
@tokie

My friend hit me up on PM i shall send you a blank and tested 3" disk for free =)

remember to take pics =)

fitzsteve
4th July 2011, 15:44
Have you changed the drive belt? They turn to goo after 10 years so if its not been done yet it will certainly need to be changed.

They're pretty cheap on the other bay :)

Steve.

tokyoracer
4th July 2011, 19:43
Mr.Z, PM is on it's way. :)

Have you changed the drive belt? They turn to goo after 10 years so if its not been done yet it will certainly need to be changed.

They're pretty cheap on the other bay :)

Steve.
Yeah I done that a while ago, it works to a degree with this Esprit Turbo Challenge disk I have but only get's as far as the 'Gremlin' logo (if im lucky).

Zetr0
4th July 2011, 19:53
Then my friend its likey the disk is corrupt if it can actually see and paritialy load a disk.

You could have a hunt around for a 3" disk drive cleaner but I doubt thats the issue.

tokyoracer
4th July 2011, 20:17
Then my friend its likey the disk is corrupt if it can actually see and paritialy load a disk.

You could have a hunt around for a 3" disk drive cleaner but I doubt thats the issue.
You may well be right there chap, that's what I think too but I just really want to clarify.

John58
4th July 2011, 20:49
Zetro diagnosis is probably correct but if you suspect the disk drive to be dickey I have a spare one you can have for free. Itís originally out of an Amstrad CPC6128 but I believe itís the same as the Speccys. It needs a drive belt and Iíve no way of testing it.

John

tokyoracer
4th July 2011, 20:57
Zetro diagnosis is probably correct but if you suspect the disk drive to be dickey I have a spare one you can have for free. Itís originally out of an Amstrad CPC6128 but I believe itís the same as the Speccys. It needs a drive belt and Iíve no way of testing it.

John
Hi John,

Put it aside I will probably take you up on that deal since I can se myself needing one even if the drive is 100% fine. Free though? Are you sure? :unsure: I'd hate not to give you something in return.

John58
4th July 2011, 21:15
Yes free because I canít guarantee its working, any way itís absolutely no use to me, the only computer I have with 3" disk drives is an Einstein and it userís different types and are not interchangeable.

John

tokyoracer
4th July 2011, 21:18
Yes free because I canít guarantee its working, any way itís absolutely no use to me, the only computer I have with 3" disk drives is an Einstein and it userís different types and are not interchangeable.

John
Well that's very kind your a true gent, thanks very much indeed just set it aside and il PM in not too long. :)