AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
UK
Region
Sevenoaks
Hi!

Wondering if anyone has the answer to this weird issue :oops:

I've installed E-UAE on my AmigaOne and have setup a basic Classic Workbench with WHDLoad which runs fine but when I change the input options to 'Joystick' or any of the other Keyboard defauls (like arrow keys and CTRL/ALT) it always defaults to Port 0 - Mouse & Port 1 - Mouse :eek:

It just wont save the setting :Doh:

If I don't touch anything the defaults Port 0 - Mouse and Port 1 - 8,4,6,2 & 5 are mapped and working as Joystick.

I also can't find a list of shortcut Keys, I've read all the docs to no avail, so each time I want to restart I have to quit out and reload, no way to get back to the GUI?

Any idea's and suggestions appreciated!

Cheers,

Steve.

I haven't fiddled with E-UAE so much to be honest, but did you check your Input prefs, in case you plugged a USB joystick?

I haven't fiddled with E-UAE so much to be honest, but did you check your Input prefs, in case you plugged a USB joystick?

Hi mate,

Yeah Joystick (USB HID Complient) is working in Prefs :)

Its working fine with other Emulators like NeoGeo :cool:

The issue seems not to be with tha Joystick but E-UAE changing the settings of its own input options by its self :eek:

I've tried saving the config and reloading, etc. It even happens if I choose A500 basic config and load an ADF...

Also tried setting all the options from scratch without loading the config and it does the same :Doh:

The joy of Amiga's I guess, nice to see they kept it going in next gen machines :D

Steve.

Actually everytime that I played a game via E-UAE, I always used the keyboard (arrow keys or numeric keypad). I don't have a joystick to test it though.

Did you installed RunInUAE yet? It has also a GUI with options.

Actually everytime that I played a game via E-UAE, I always used the keyboard (arrow keys or numeric keypad). I don't have a joystick to test it though.

Did you installed RunInUAE yet? It has also a GUI with options.

Hi!

I didn't try RunInUAE yet, its on my Flash Stick though for next time I boot up :)

I was trying E-UAE on my A1200/PPC with OS4.1 Classic, didn't run :eek:

I was going to test NeoGeo but I forgot to put any Roms on the Flash stick, but the GUI was sooooo slow I doubt a game would even run!

I'll let you know how I get on with RunInUAE.

Any must play/use Games or Apps I should try?

Steve.

Anything Steve. :)

Preferably a game though, just to see exactly how it works.

Anything Steve. :)

Preferably a game though, just to see exactly how it works.

OMG RunInUAE is Awesome :bowdown:

I just ran Quake 68k @ 640x480 and its faster than my 060 can do it!!!

Emulating an EC020 :eek:

I tried some WHDload Games, they work and I can hear the sound but I get unsuported output (out of range) on my screen as it does not support 320x256, I'll have to test on another screen.

Now to see if the joystick works, I guess I can try a game like PayBack :cool:

Steve.

---------- Post added at 15:12 ---------- Previous post was at 15:09 ----------

Ok just tested magic Land Dizzy thru RunInUAE (I disabled the 320x256 screen mode so now I have Window) and USB Gamepad/Joystick is automatically detected and working, YAY \o/

This RunInUAE is freaking Awesome :ninja:

If your screen doesn't support a resolution, then you have to create one of your own from the prefs, so that you can see it listed in ScreenPrefs Mode.

Or, better solution.

Go to DEVS:Monitors and right-click on Radeon icon. Then choose Information and in the tooltypes write your desired screen-resolution (like 640x480x8@60) and then save and reboot for the new resolution to be ready in ScreenMode Prefs.

If your screen doesn't support a resolution, then you have to create one of your own from the prefs, so that you can see it listed in ScreenPrefs Mode.

Or, better solution.

Go to DEVS:Monitors and right-click on Radeon icon. Then choose Information and in the tooltypes write your desired screen-resolution (like 640x480x8@60) and then save and reboot for the new resolution to be ready in ScreenMode Prefs.

Cheers, I've set the supported screen modes its just WHDload games want to load in 320x256, I can set that screen mode (in fact RunInUAE created it for me) however my screen cannot display it which is the issue.

This is a really fussy screen, an LCD TV - I'll be using a proper Monitor in the long term so this wont be an issue.

By the way, just loaded some ADF's by double clicking on them, how cool is that?

Thanks for your help mate (y)

Steve :cool:

What is RunInUAE and does it come with Os4.1?

Here, take a look at this page mate:

http://cshandley.co.uk/runinuae/

Its does not come with OS4.1, although it should because its must have stuff!

RunInUAE is a launcher for 68k applications via E-UAE so what you need is E-UAE already setup with a basic Workbench 3.1 (or in my case CWB Full) then you need KS3.1, KS1.3 & CD32 KS.

RunInUAE has a nice easy installer that you have to tell where all your files are and it guides you through setup. Once installed you can launch 68k applications right from OS4.1!

That includes HD installed games, WHDLoad Games, apps, etc.

It has built in simple scripts to run ADF's (just by double clicking on them!) and also supports CD32 Games! I've not tested this yet but I will do later, AFAIK you just put the CD in your drive and use the 'Load CD32 from CD0' option!

There is also a boot to Workbench option which will get you straight into WB3.1 at Full Screen :)

As I say, essential stuff. I'm going to have a go at installing to OS4.1 Classic but I think the Classic PPC might be too slow for E-UAE :(

Steve.

Sounds really handy Steve!

I must admit, I did a search last night for AmigaOne Micro's for sale on here just based on your video :oops: I think we all have grand ideas about upgrades dont we :LOL:

Sounds really handy Steve!

I must admit, I did a search last night for AmigaOne Micro's for sale on here just based on your video :oops: I think we all have grand ideas about upgrades dont we :LOL:

Hey mate,

Sometimes I don't know if I should feel happy that people are inspired enough by my Video's to want to get the same kit or if I should feel guilty for encouraging you all to spend your hard earned cash and potentially be eating beans for the month! :Doh:

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the Vid. I'll try and do another showing the Web features and a bit more RunInUAE like CD32 emulation :)

I'm going to try and get a nice IGame setup with Screenshots, etc :cool:

I know at the end of the day its emulation, but it dosen't feel like emulation as you're OS is already an AmigaOS and 4.1 feels very much like a nice high end RTG Workbench.

Steve.

Does OS4.1 have "modern" features, eg, Can I plug in a USB joystick without having to mess around with drivers and configs (like on Windows)?

Is networking plug and play too (again, like on a Mac or Windows machine where you just plug in the ethernet cable and it works)?

Have you found the machine to be quite stable? In my experience Amiga start to get very flaky the more you expand them.

Does OS4.1 have "modern" features, eg, Can I plug in a USB joystick without having to mess around with drivers and configs (like on Windows)?

Is networking plug and play too (again, like on a Mac or Windows machine where you just plug in the ethernet cable and it works)?

Have you found the machine to be quite stable? In my experience Amiga start to get very flaky the more you expand them.

Hey Taj, yes it has USB support thats native, I just plug in my Joystick, etc and it is detected and working :)

Networking uses a wizard to get you started, it was really easy when I set it up, everything was auto detected (y)

So far its been very stable, a few apps have caused a crash but the OS its self is fine and I had it running for about 5-6 hours the first day I got it!

Steve.

@ftzsteve:

great video!

So are you are able to run WHDLoad games straight from the desktop?
-have not tried runinuae yet so I am just asking-... I guess same goes for the ADF stuff as you said...

Can you point the name -and a link- for this neo geo emulator?
Have tried a neo geo emulator in my AmigaOne but this was long ago, so I would like to check this one....

@Count

i'm amazed that a lot of amigans haven't yet tried the excellent RuninUae :cool: It is one of the coolest applications we've seen in the last years, maybe it is the BEST indeed. I repeat that it should come installed by default so that 4.1 will perform even better with older applications. Besides, if you tweak it well enough you can hardly say that any older software runs under emulation. Clicking an ADF and having it there, ready to play with, makes the A1/SAM seem more amiga than ever!!! It is the best NG + Classic Combination for people that need both "amiga generations" (y)

@ftzsteve:

great video!

So are you are able to run WHDLoad games straight from the desktop?
-have not tried runinuae yet so I am just asking-... I guess same goes for the ADF stuff as you said...

Can you point the name -and a link- for this neo geo emulator?
Have tried a neo geo emulator in my AmigaOne but this was long ago, so I would like to check this one....

Hey Countraneven I'm using GnGeoGN

http://os4depot.net/index.php?function=showfile&file=emulation/gamesystem/gngeong.lha

Its a little tricky to get the correct Bios' for this emu, so best is to put them all in neogeo.zip (create your own) and also unzipped as well (y)

You may also need to remame a couple if you get odd requests from games.

Steve.

@Count

i'm amazed that a lot of amigans haven't yet tried the excellent RuninUae :cool: It is one of the coolest applications we've seen in the last years, maybe it is the BEST indeed. I repeat that it should come installed by default so that 4.1 will perform even better with older applications. Besides, if you tweak it well enough you can hardly say that any older software runs under emulation. Clicking an ADF and having it there, ready to play with, makes the A1/SAM seem more amiga than ever!!! It is the best NG + Classic Combination for people that need both "amiga generations" (y)

Indeed, I had no idea this even existed until I bought the A1, its a shame the NextGen info on the scene seems to be bit thin as this really does make a great solution as you say portarinos (y)

Back
Top Bottom