PDA

View Full Version : Closed ATX to A3000T Adapter Cable

LTAC
11th July 2011, 23:56
Hello everybody,

I'm looking for an ATX to A3000T Adapter Cable , like amigamaniac's cables.
Please make your offer (good price) including P&P (France). Paypal payment.
Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
LTAC

LTAC
3rd August 2011, 10:03
BUMP.

quarkx
4th August 2011, 06:36
I have looked all over for one also. Currently, I don't Think anyone makes them. I tried to Get AmiTrix to at least order the parts in, back in November. Then If I ordered 10 of each part, the Cost per unit was about $18 CAN form DIGIKEY. The motherboard plug is an off the shelf standard connector, but off hand I can't recall the name (think it starts with an R). But like anything with Amitrix, they will get to it in about 10 years time

Kawazu
4th August 2011, 07:36
I contacted amiga maniac about a 3000T cable and he is willing to make you one. He told me that he had done it before

drbrain
5th August 2011, 19:24
The powerconnector on the A3000T motherboard is a standard ATX24 socket...

So getting a ATX20/24 to ATX24 extension cable and then modding it to the correct voltages should be fairly easy... :roll:

LTAC
5th August 2011, 19:32
I have looked all over for one also. Currently, I don't Think anyone makes them. I tried to Get AmiTrix to at least order the parts in, back in November. Then If I ordered 10 of each part, the Cost per unit was about $18 CAN form DIGIKEY. The motherboard plug is an off the shelf standard connector, but off hand I can't recall the name (think it starts with an R). But like anything with Amitrix, they will get to it in about 10 years time

Do you have a picture please? Thx.

I contacted amiga maniac about a 3000T cable and he is willing to make you one. He told me that he had done it before

For me???:p Thanks :thumbsup:
I've already sent a message to Amigamaniac but no news:(.

So getting a ATX20/24 to ATX24 extension cable and then modding it to the correct voltages should be fairly easy... :roll:

Are you sure? I don't want to burn my precious:D
Do you have a schematic of the A3000T powerconnector? Thx.
I'll check each pins to see voltages.

quarkx
5th August 2011, 19:32

Sorry, I was thinking the 3000D was the same as the T, Its been a while since my T was apart., But you will need a power switch in there also, unless you want to reach around back all the time.

Wireing link for all Amiga's ATX to etc. HERE (http://www.ianstedman.co.uk/Amiga/amiga_hacks/Amiga_Power_supplies/body_amiga_power_supplies.html#Fitting_a_new_PSU_to_an_A3000)

drbrain
5th August 2011, 19:42

Are you sure? I don't want to burn my precious:D
Do you have a schematic of the A3000T powerconnector? Thx.
I'll check each pins to see voltages.

If you compare these two pictures you see it's the same connector....
The voltages are NOT the same.. So DON'T connect a standard ATX PSU directly to the A3000T motherboard unless you want to see some smoke!!

A3000T http://www.amiga-hardware.com/download_photos/a3000tmb_rev61.jpg
Standard ATX24 http://www.bjorn3d.com/Material/revimages/articles/Asus%20P67%20preview%20article/P8P67%20Pro/P8P67%20PRO_2D_H_x.jpg

I don't know the correct voltages but if you can use a multimeter and measure it that would probably be the easiest way to find out.
Found this if it helps.. http://www.amiga.org/forums/showthread.php?t=17636

Edit: Or the link to Ian Stedman's page quarkx linked to...

LTAC
7th October 2011, 08:31
BUMP.
No news about amiga maniac :(

LTAC
4th November 2011, 00:25
BUMP.

LTAC
26th November 2011, 15:58
BUMP.

LTAC
28th December 2011, 15:26
BUMP.

mech
22nd January 2012, 17:31
have you considered installing a ATX psu inside the original 3000T psu case? there should be plenty of room.
You just wire it up to the original 3000T motherboard cable and everything works like original.I have done 2 of these in the past and its a really nice way to keep it all looking original.

Mech

Hello everybody,

I'm looking for an ATX to A3000T Adapter Cable , like amigamaniac's cables.
Please make your offer (good price) including P&P (France). Paypal payment.
Thanks a lot.

Cheers,
LTAC

LTAC
9th April 2012, 17:46
BUMP.

Hello mech,

I'm looking for this (Amigamaniac):

ATX to A3000T Adapter Cable
This is an adapter cable, so that you can use a standard ATX PSU to power your A3000T. It is 50cm long. There is a jumper hardwiring PS_ON to GND, making the fitting of a switch super easy. This cable comes with a -5V voltage regulator installed, so you do not need to purchase a (older) PSU with a -5V line ;-) It comes with a lifetime warranty.

LTAC
16th August 2012, 08:59
BUMP.

LTAC
20th October 2012, 21:56
BUMP.