Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_a500

AmiBayer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Canada
I just saved a poor old A4000 from the trash bin. (finally, my first AGA Amiga!)

Sadly, it has motherboard Fast RAM problems, so I need an A4000 accelerator with RAM to make it useful. Does anybody have a spare they can sell me?

(by the way, the "confirmation code" here is frigging hard to read on an A500)

Welcome to Amibay!!

Sorry about the conformation code gubbins, we need that level of security in place to keep spammers and pr0n off the site.

I am intrigued; what are you using to browse the net with on an A500, could you tell me a bit about your Amiga rig?

Thanks

Merlin

It might be easier to repair your motherboard. Mine has done exactly the same, and it's due to damage to the board from the battery leaking.

Have you removed the battery?

Drop me a PM if you're interested and I'll try to help, and apologies if this is off topic.

@ chiark

No problem mate, we are all here to help each other, the occasional off-topic is tolerated.

Merlin

chiark said:
It might be easier to repair your motherboard. Mine has done exactly the same, and it's due to damage to the board from the battery leaking.

Have you removed the battery?
The battery looks fine, but around every single "16V" capacitator, there is a little leak. (I'll PM you to discuss motherboard repair if we can't talk about it here.) Either way, I'd still like to find an A4000 accelerator so I can load it up with enough RAM to choke a horse. :D
Merlin said:
Sorry about the conformation code gubbins, we need that level of security in place to keep spammers and pr0n off the site.
Yes I know, but it is the hardest to read security code of any site I've been on. Even when I view it in dynamic hi-res on a separate screen, I have to guess what some characters are.
Merlin said:
I am intrigued; what are you using to browse the net with on an A500, could you tell me a bit about your Amiga rig?
You can see it here and here.

Whoh, that's a NICE rig, mate!

I will ask the AmiDev team on here to try and make any further changes to the site Amiga-friendly for net browsing if they can.

Merlin

HI

I have one of these if you are at all interested, not sure how much RAM is onboard without powering it up (it is fully working and in my 3000T but I have a CSMKiii 060 to go in)

Cheers
Andrew

I have a CS PPC card for sale. Actually 2 of them! One is a 200Mhz/060 & the other a 233Mhz/060. Both cards have 50Mhz 060`s & are fitted with 128Mb 60ns ram.
There is also a Warp Engine 040/40 with 128Mb 60ns & SCSI II.

Prices would be negotiable, but I would prefer sensible offers rather than leering remarks.
Hope you find what you want & can afford.

Best Wishes,

Kin :mrgreen:

Oooh, sounds good. Now what prices do you suggest?

Try to keep it reasonable - a sudden shock might cause me to get whiplash and I've run out of neck braces.

@Kin Hell
I'd like to stand second in line for that Warp Engine if possible :)

EDIT: If this is considered thread-jacking, I'll just start my own thread. My apologies in advance.

@ Caius

That's OK, Kin Hell has potentially offered two cards in this thread so I reckon there's no highjacking going on.

M

well, if there's a warp engine up for grabs after all is said and done, put me on the list please. Mine is dead :( , and unfortunately it's not just the processor or crystal that's dead... I want a working one :)

Sorry if I gave the impression of Pimping several cards, they are all for sale. I`ve just been so busy trying to find a new Job & starting it, I gotta get my finger out & put the Ads up.

RE the PPC cards:

They are not available to anyone via this thread. One of them may already be sold. Please don`t bombard me with Emails RE PPC. I will not reply. Offenders will be assimilated by sarek & bitch-slapped by Zetr0, but you gotta supply the runny honey for the Slappin`! :wink:

@ mr_a500

Please check your PM`s. Sorry if you got a duplicate,.....it`s been a busy night.

@ chiark

Check your Email please. Have sent you Pics of the Warp Engine. You are now next in line. :arrow:

Re: Wanted: A4000 Accelerator

i have 68060 50 mhz to sell with 128 mb ram if i remember well, it's a cyberstorm mk1 i think.
If you have an interest tell me and it have cybscsi add on.

@Mr A500

Should that you not want the SCSI add on for the CS, i would be interested in it :)

@turrican3

Should that there be a possibility of selling the CS SCSI module separately i would be interested :)

LOL my friend, i have not a clue.

let me know what its worth to you and we can work it out from there :D

Hi turrican3,

What prices do you suggest? (I hope not too high - I just bought an A3000 and a bunch of stuff, so I'm low on cash at the moment)

I don't need the SCSI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom