PDA

View Full Version : Closed A3000D Unit 1

quarkx
17th July 2011, 20:31
Ok, I though I would offer some of my recent Haul here first, a few days before they hit my online store.
Here is the first A3000 unit, it was tested yesterday and boots fine. I just tore it apart for photos and will clean and scrub down cover and front of unit befor shipping as inside is very clean and dust free.
Specs and Info.
NTSC UNIT
S/N CA101344b
030/25
12Megs of Ram as 8 Slots are Empty (checked and verified)
230 Meg Quantum LS Drive
SuperBuster 07 I did take the motherboard out INT2 Mod is not Done
The motherboard is very clean, and the battery has no signs of any leakage, but I will remove just to make sure.
The Motherboard is a Rev.9/03 , S/N on Board is 15686 Build date 27/09/91
It has 3.1 Roms (40.68}
Visually, all caps look great.
This unit has one working floppy drive Chinon model FB-354.
You also get the original keyboard and tank style mouse.

I am asking $250 USD (dropped from $350) With FREE shipping to anywhere in North America, Overseas Price is $310 USD with Free shipping.
Oh, and to save questions and frustration later, Canada post's shipping is down right insane, so Please don't gripe about shipping. If shipping costs are cheaper than quoted, I will automatically refund the difference.

LTAC
17th July 2011, 21:35
According to the pics,it's 6MB FastRam -256kx4- or 12MB FastRam -1MBx4-...

rkauer
17th July 2011, 21:42
Mate, if it have 8 chips missing, it have 3Mb FAST RAM if the hooked chips are 256k x4. But I never heard of such odd number in Amigas.

quarkx
17th July 2011, 21:46
Thanks, I am putting it all back together now, so I will boot it and double check and post picture of workbench. I was just guessing in my excitement.

quarkx
18th July 2011, 01:01
Ok, a quick update:
The floppy drives are both dead and have (i think) killed at least 4 WB disks! I have tried booting to an external floppy but no go from these disks :thumbsdown:
It gets to the kickStart screen and thats it.
I did notice that no SCSI terminators were on the Motherboard, I have them in a small baggy here, but that should not effect booting.
In the meantime, if someone wants to take a stab at this one, I have dropped the price by a Hundred bucks, until I find a hard drive and really go over this beast.

ITfanatic
18th July 2011, 17:07
Just want to verify that currently you're taking $150 +$60 for Shipping on this A3000D?

Regards,
MW

quarkx
18th July 2011, 17:13
Just want to verify that currently you're taking $150 +$60 for Shipping on this A3000D?

Regards,
MW

No, $250 includes shipping to North America, add $60 if you are overseas.
For you a flat $250 (I presume you are in USA)
Was $350 but I dropped $100 off because floppy drives are dead, And I could not get it to boot in Workbench yet. When I have more time next weekend, I will dig out a spare SCSI drive and go from there, if nobody has scooped it up by then.

dwayneh
18th July 2011, 17:16
Was $350 but I dropped $100 off because floppy drives are dead, And I could not get it to boot in Workbench yet. When I have more time next weekend, I will dig out a spare SCSI drive and go from there, if nobody has scooped it up by then.

Are we talking US $ or CAD $ for the pricing?

quarkx
18th July 2011, 17:48

Are we talking US $ or CAD $ for the pricing?

USD They are almost at par right now anyways. Canada is just a few tenths of a cent ahead, but nothing that I will get rich off.

jvdbossc
18th July 2011, 17:58
you might need to set a jumper for one floppy 351.

quarkx
18th July 2011, 18:09
you might need to set a jumper for one floppy 351.
Thanks, I will look into that.
in the mean time, I will take the whole "sled" assembly from unit 2 and put it on unit 1 (tomorrow) and see if I can get it to boot. Might have issues with the soft kick though humm.

quarkx
20th July 2011, 17:58
If no one wants it here, Friday it will be posted to my online store on the other bay. I have to make room for more stuff coming.

quarkx
21st July 2011, 07:37
As the other unit, here is the cleaning photos starting it the front

quarkx
21st July 2011, 18:04
More Photos of outer shell cleaning.
Notice the slight damage from bending the screw tab up (I didn't do it). You can also clearly read the date stamp. Top has a couple of hair line scratches, but if a monitor sits there, you will never notice.

quarkx
22nd July 2011, 06:51
mouse is a bit yellowed but clean

quarkx
23rd July 2011, 05:40
Keyboard fun!
I went to tackle the keyboard today, I will finish tomorrow. First someone a long time ago spilled cola on it so the bottom of the cage was a bit corroded. Second the (Blue) slider on the "F" key broke, I have a few parts keyboards here and will fix (saturday). Last the cord was very yellow, so I will replace it with a nice one also.
All and all, the keyboard cleaned up nicely, but there are a few miner gashes on the face, but nothing too noticeable or extreme. Very little yellowing.

quarkx
23rd July 2011, 05:45
and more!:ninja:

quarkx
23rd July 2011, 05:49
and yet more:p

r0jaws
23rd July 2011, 07:25
Nice cleaning job fella. It's impressive what a difference it can make.

quarkx
23rd July 2011, 14:00

Thanks, I know I am putting way too much time and effort into a sale item, but I want to make sure the buyer is at least comfortable with the final product.
There has been way too many times on the other bay, when I get a vintage computer, and it arrives looking like it was just dug up out of the ground, the seller didn't even have the curitisy to at least try to quickly wipe it off, especially keyboards, where you have to touch it all the time.
I spend the hours cleaning, so they don't have too.
And yet in the end, I still will get the same price than if untouched, its kind of crazy I know.

quarkx
24th July 2011, 05:42
Getting tired,
All day amiga work
You can see by the photos, this unit does boot no problems on to the 230 Meg drive I formatted on the other unit. It does indeed have 12 megs of ram. It cant recognize the 2 floppies, so later, I will hunt down another floppy cable to check if that is the issue.
I will go for a nap now and see what I can drag up for this unit.Oh and yes, I will leave this hard drive in unit, so just in case the floppies are indeed toast, you still will get a bootable unit.

ChrisUnionNJ
24th July 2011, 06:17

Thanks, I know I am putting way too much time and effort into a sale item, but I want to make sure the buyer is at least comfortable with the final product.
There has been way too many times on the other bay, when I get a vintage computer, and it arrives looking like it was just dug up out of the ground, the seller didn't even have the curitisy to at least try to quickly wipe it off, especially keyboards, where you have to touch it all the time.
I spend the hours cleaning, so they don't have too.
And yet in the end, I still will get the same price than if untouched, its kind of crazy I know.

I just call that pride in the product your reselling great job! 14713

:coffee:

quarkx
24th July 2011, 17:27
Thanks Man, that means A lot:)
Here is the second part of the keyboard repair, I changed out both the Circuit board and the metal tray as they were corroded from the Cola Spill

quarkx
24th July 2011, 19:26
Ok, since i had to get at the floppy cable, I thought I would go all the way and tear every thing down and see if this unit has the INT2 mod. Sad to say again, the answer is no, but found a squished spider under the motherboard. I wonder if that is factory?

quarkx
25th July 2011, 01:32
Ok, after a few hours of trial and error, I have both good news and bad news.
The bad news -both floppies are toast. Like I said, after swapping floppies all day, you really want to throw one into a wall and maybe Dave Haynie frame it (opps that's been done)

I stole a floppy from my A2000 rebuild (another project work in progress) and a cable. For those that don't know, the A2000 Floppy drive is the exact same floppy drive in the 3000 with the face plate removed. I also disabled the FD1 jumper, so the unit only shows one floppy drive on the screen.

So, in closing, this A3000 is once again a fully working unit. I will now put it all back together again after a nap maybe.

I will be posting it up on E-bay tomorrow (monday morning) fair warning, the BIN price will be higher than what I am asking for here.

quarkx
25th July 2011, 04:36
So, its all done.
Here are the final pictures. Just to make sure the floppy is actually working, I booted up Bubble Bobble. Notice the correct case screws here. Note, it was almost impossible to get the correct button off the dead floppy drive. The screw at the top of the floppy, which just holds the top part of the case on, must have been glued down or torqued at the factory.

quarkx
25th July 2011, 16:58
this unit is now up on e-bay:o

quarkx
30th July 2011, 19:06
This unit is now sold on E-bay.
Mods, please close and lock thread.
Thanks all