Not open for further replies.

scrappysphinx

Confused retro man
VIP
Country
UK
Region
Nottingham
Hi Guys, apologies if this is in the wrong section. I tried to post it in the AmiOracle section but it wouldn't let me add the pictures.
Anyway, i got this in a box of amiga items i purchased. I have asked the previous owner what it is but he didn't have a clue.
It may not even be an amiga item and i have my doubts due to the fact it has 1999 stamped on the circuit board.
It also has the name Philipp Marx stamped on the bottom of the circuit board.
Anyway i'll let you guys take a look and see if you can shed any light.

[attachment=2:h8vmdvh3]marx_complete.JPG[/attachment:h8vmdvh3]

[attachment=1:h8vmdvh3]marx_front.JPG[/attachment:h8vmdvh3]

[attachment=0:h8vmdvh3]marx_back.JPG[/attachment:h8vmdvh3]

Any ideas?

Mike

Attachments

• marx_complete.JPG
    marx_complete.JPG
    102.3 KB · Views: 1
  • marx_front.JPG
    marx_front.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 1
  • marx_back.JPG
    marx_back.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 1
Re: What Is It?

Most likely a copy protection dongle like THIS

Hi Guys, thanks for the answers. As i don't have a clue on how to use it doubt that i even ever would use it, its off to the recycle bin.

Mike

Yep, it's called a Crypto-box module, made by Marx Software Security, htp://www.marx.com.

And definitely looks like a hardware dongle. They used to be included with some expensive software products like 3D Studio Max, Discreet Combustion, Adobe After Effects Pro.. etc..

The software wouldn't run unless the dongle was connected to the parallel port and detected by the software. Like a hardware serial number. However, just as easy to bypass with a software crack! ;)

Not sure what that specific one would have been for. Looks like it has the software's serial number printed on it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom