PDA

View Full Version : Sold A603 RAM expansion for A600 (new price)

d0pefish
21st July 2011, 13:32
Hi there :)

Just letting go of my A603 as I'm moving to the A604 purely for future Indivision installation reasons.

Card's in perfect working order with a fresh RTC battery and instruction leaflet. Was purchased December last year and therefore still under warranty from Vesalia/Individual Computers.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-hzaNy_PuBEk/TR27r_evrgI/AAAAAAAAAp8/BHam3grYu_g/s800/SAM_0912.JPG

Asking 28 delivered in the UK - add 3 for European shipping.

Many thanks :)

d0pefish
24th July 2011, 21:41
Just lowered the price as I need this gone and my car's just had to have a new alternator! (my poor bank account :()

Bargain, guys! Someone take it off of me! :lol:

Amiga Forever
24th July 2011, 21:50
I would be interest in this but how many MB of ram is there?

d0pefish
24th July 2011, 21:54
This is a 1MB Chip RAM expansion which brings the Amiga 600 to a total of 2MB Chip RAM.

It also has a battery-backed clock, and a clock port header for further expansions like the Subway USB or Delfina sound card.

It also has the facility to add an Indivision ECS scandoubler, although you must remove the floppy drive to connect it directly - or use one of the adaptors like the kind Kipper2k has been making to keep the floppy drive :)

Amiga Forever
24th July 2011, 21:57
withdrawn interest...sorry :(

d0pefish
24th July 2011, 22:13
No worries mate :)

It sounds like you're wanting more RAM - you'll be wanting to look for a CPU-mounted fast RAM card or full blown accelerator with RAM, or a PCMCIA SRAM card.

Unfortunately the trapdoor slot on the A600 is nowhere near as useful as the A1200s as it doesn't have the lines on it to allow Fast RAM or CPU upgrades, so most of the cards that fit there just give the machine the extra 1MB to max out its graphics ("Chip") memory.

Cheers for looking all the same and hope you find what you're looking for! :thumbsup:

Amiga Forever
24th July 2011, 22:17
I have Amiga 600 (1MB Ram) and also Amiga 1200(2MB Ram) and also got ACA 1230/56 Accelerator But it not been installed because I am too scare to get rid of the timer on A1200 Motherboard to get the ACA 1230/56 Accelerator work :roll:

what the MAXIUM Ram memory can A600 have? :unsure:

d0pefish
24th July 2011, 22:30
It depends what upgrades you have.

The A600 has a maximum of 2MB Chip RAM, so there's the extra 1MB in the trapdoor.

You can have another 4MB in the PCMCIA slot with an SRAM card (I think that's the max) so that's 6MB using the cheaper routes of expanding the machine.

For even more memory, you need an accelerator like the ACA630, Viper, Apollo 600 series etc.
The ACA comes with 32MB though a small run of 64MB ones was done like the one I have.

Viper 630 was available with either 4 or 8MB, Apollos used SIMMS - 620 had a maximum of 8MB and 630 a maximum of 32MB (according to BBoAH).

Theoretically, you could probably combine a 64MB ACA, a 4MB SRAM, and a 1MB trapdoor - 70MB total on the Amiga 600. Though you'd never use an SRAM card if you had an accelerator as PCMCIA RAM is very slow compared to RAM directly hanging from the CPU :)

Having said that, SRAM cards are cheap and easy enough to get a hold of (at least compared to accelerators) and will be enough to run most WHDLoad games just fine - I've seen it been done before, you may want to check out some people's experiences using this method.

Amiga Forever
24th July 2011, 22:33
interesting.. :)

Should I get this? :unsure:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1003

d0pefish
24th July 2011, 22:37
If you can afford it, definitely! :D

I love my ACA630, it transforms the machine and makes it a very capable and fast Amiga. Brilliant for WHDload games!

I'd highly recommend it, and I'm sure other guys in the turbo 600 club like Mfilos and Fitzsteve will also vouch for it :)

Oh - forgot to mention, if you'd like a hand with the soldering work on the A1200 to get the 1230 card going and there's noone closer to you who can help, I'd be more than happy to do it for you, it's a 5 minute job and I wouldn't even want anything for it :)

Cheers!

Amiga Forever
24th July 2011, 22:45
Oh - forgot to mention, if you'd like a hand with the soldering work on the A1200 to get the 1230 card going and there's noone closer to you who can help, I'd be more than happy to do it for you, it's a 5 minute job and I wouldn't even want anything for it

WOW :D

p.s. I will send ya pm about it :)

Tajmaster
24th July 2011, 23:10
Dale's work is SUPERB! I highly recommend him mate, he re-capped my A4000 and upgraded my A3640 perfectly, a real credit to the community :thumbsup: :bowdown:

d0pefish
24th July 2011, 23:13
Many thanks Taj mate, it'd be great if we can get this fella's ACA running smoothly! :D

(I'll be working on the 500+ the next few evenings, I'll be in touch with any news :thumbsup:)

Tajmaster
24th July 2011, 23:18
Many thanks Taj mate, it'd be great if we can get this fella's ACA running smoothly! :D

(I'll be working on the 500+ the next few evenings, I'll be in touch with any news :thumbsup:)

Nice one Dale :D Ill be testing the A1000 over the next few days then Ill ship it off to you :) Will email you when its all ready to go :)

d0pefish
24th July 2011, 23:23
Excellent, I look forward to seeing it - never seen an A1000 in the flesh before! :D

Nor an ACA1230, for that matter :)

Tajmaster
24th July 2011, 23:34
Excellent, I look forward to seeing it - never seen an A1000 in the flesh before! :D

Nor an ACA1230, for that matter :)

It better not come back "sticky" :blink: :lol:

d0pefish
24th July 2011, 23:37
Ahhhhhahahahaha :inlove::ROTFLOL2:

Yes... erhm... that no-clean flux can leave a fairly sticky residue.

No... seriously! :lol:

kipper2k
24th July 2011, 23:46
Hi,

Declaring interest on this subject to shipping costs to Canada R0B 0E0

d0pefish
25th July 2011, 00:13
Hi kipper :)

I should be able to post to Canada via Airmail for 5 GBP or less - or 10GBP with added compensation. Any excess will be refunded of course :)

I would have thought it'd be pretty safe in a small packet with an extra layer of bubble - the parcel I received from you was perfect :) But you have the option mate.

Cheers!

kipper2k
25th July 2011, 01:26
Hi kipper :)

I should be able to post to Canada via Airmail for 5 GBP or less - or 10GBP with added compensation. Any excess will be refunded of course :)

I would have thought it'd be pretty safe in a small packet with an extra layer of bubble - the parcel I received from you was perfect :) But you have the option mate.

Cheers!
Hi Dale,

I like the 5 GBP option. Whats your total price to Canada using that option >

Thanks Brian

d0pefish
25th July 2011, 12:33
Hi Brian,

The total would be 33 GBP mate - if you'd like to go ahead with it, drop me a PM with your address and I'll let you know my PayPal.

I can get it packed tonight and shipped tomorrow if so.

Cheers!

kipper2k
25th July 2011, 15:42
Hi Brian,

The total would be 33 GBP mate - if you'd like to go ahead with it, drop me a PM with your address and I'll let you know my PayPal.

I can get it packed tonight and shipped tomorrow if so.

Cheers!

Ya got a sale, i'll pm you in a bit

d0pefish
27th July 2011, 09:29
Just an update to say that I received payment from Brian and the parcel was dispatched yesterday! :)

Marking as sold - cheers. :thumbsup:
(edit: someone beat me to it as I received a phone call just as I was about to! :D)