Cammy

AmiBayer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
Australia
Region
NSW
I am desperately in need of a DKB Ferret card for my Amiga 1200. I would like to connect a SCSI card reader to my Amiga so I can use the PCMCIA port for my network card and read CF and SD cards at the same time. I also need to connect my SCSI CD ROM drive so I can play all of these CD games that won't install on a hard drive.

I use my A1200 as my main computer every single day, and can assure you I would put the Ferret to good use!

Terribly sorry but I'm quite certain I ended up acquiring this;

Some chap was selling one locally with an actual cobra as well, when I saw this thread I went to check if it was still running (I might have been able to buy in on behalf) but the auction had finished

<slightly off topic>
Have you actually used it? I'm VERY curious as to how effective their peculiar mounting system is. I'd think it would keep losing proper contact more often than not.
</slightly off topic>

<slightly off topic>
Have you actually used it? I'm VERY curious as to how effective their peculiar mounting system is. I'd think it would keep losing proper contact more often than not.
</slightly off topic>

The ferret add on works great I used it everyday for about 3 years worked
every time mine was connected to a mongoose..
<Now back on topic>

I hope you find one Cammy

:coffee:

Not as yet, I brought it for my Mongoose too but they are both still in there boxes destined never to meet it might appear :)

@Cammy

If you can't find the Ferret keep an eye out for a Typhoon 1230 MkII, these have optional SCSI on board and take up to 64mb Ram.

I used to have a Typhoon and it was a nice little card, 40mhz 030 + I had an FPU.

I used the SCSI (which has a 50pin header) to drive an external CDROM and it worked really well.

Good luck in your search.

Steve.

Thanks guys. Yes, I remember back when THB had this for sale and I was gutted when I found out who he sold it to, I wish I had been able to grab it first because I would be using it every day.

Thanks Steve, I'll keep my eye out but I can't really afford another accelerator unless it was in exchange for my Cobra, I was hoping someo0ne would have an unused Ferret SCSI expansion lying around they wouldn't need anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom