PDA

View Full Version : Closed Amiga A1200 with HD and 3.1 roms

Megamix
1st August 2011, 23:08
I`m selling my Amiga A1200 wife seems to think I have too many Amiga (only got 4):D

Anyway here are the details and pictures.
A1200
3.1 Roms
20 gig hard drive
Workbench 3.1

First of all I`m selling this with a faulty floppy drive,It will work fine for 1 disk but when you insert another it will not read it, I have put in my the drive from my A600 and that works fine with no problems so I know its the floppy disk drive.:thumbsup:

Right the Hard disk works fine 20 gig I think it is for got to look when I took the pictures, it has 3.1 Roms and comes with workbench 3.1 on disk.
There is also the power pack mouse and TV cable, if I can find a spare RGB to Scart I will inclued that.
Please look at the pictures and if your interested feel free to PM me.

I will not split and the A600 is not for sale (Just Yet that could change):roll:
Albeit it is sold with a faulty floppy I am asking 65 + Postage + Paypal fees

BLTCON0
2nd August 2011, 03:56
Sounds like your drive has diskchange signal problems.
I assume you've already verified that the cable is ok.
So maybe it's the disk detection switch. You can try to short the relevant pads to manually cause a 'disk insertion' event and see if the drive responds. If it does it's a faulty switch, it might need replacing or simply some cleaning/wiggling around a bit to become functional again.

lurch
2nd August 2011, 08:09
Would it be cheaper without the power adapter and HDD? Any ideas what postage to NZ would be?

Megamix
2nd August 2011, 12:47
Sounds like your drive has diskchange signal problems.
I assume you've already verified that the cable is ok.
So maybe it's the disk detection switch. You can try to short the relevant pads to manually cause a 'disk insertion' event and see if the drive responds. If it does it's a faulty switch, it might need replacing or simply some cleaning/wiggling around a bit to become functional again.

have u a picture of the location of the switch,i`ll try it....

BLTCON0
2nd August 2011, 19:40
Sure.
There's a pair of switches, located on the leftmost side of the drive's diskette opening.
The one of the left controls write enable/protect detection and is pressed or not, when a disk is inserted, according to the position of the tab on the disk.
The one on the right controls disk insertion detection and is always pressed when a disk is inserted.

The photos are from an older Chinon FB-354 drive but the concept is identical on all drives. The pads in the orange rectangle correspond to the diskchange switch and are the ones to short for testing (if pressing the switch causes no response from the drive).

rkauer
3rd August 2011, 03:10
Some drives use a reversed switch: it is normally closed (aka N.O. aka shorted) and get open when the disk is inserted.

Also on most drives the disk-present switch is aligned with the write-protect one but turned 90 from your picture, so it is a bit more into the drive.

BLTCON0
3rd August 2011, 19:03
Indeed, actually the Panasonic JUP-something found in many A1200's is of the front-back type. Although I bet all Chinons are of the left-right type. Matter of PCB design eventually.
Interesting point about the reverse logic of the switch, could make testing somewhat harder.

Megamix
4th August 2011, 23:58
Can a mod remove this item for me please as I am going to keep it as I dont like the idea of selling something faulty.

I`m selling my Amiga A1200 wife seems to think I have too many Amiga (only got 4):D

Anyway here are the details and pictures.
A1200
3.1 Roms
20 gig hard drive
Workbench 3.1

First of all I`m selling this with a faulty floppy drive,It will work fine for 1 disk but when you insert another it will not read it, I have put in my the drive from my A600 and that works fine with no problems so I know its the floppy disk drive.:thumbsup:

Right the Hard disk works fine 20 gig I think it is for got to look when I took the pictures, it has 3.1 Roms and comes with workbench 3.1 on disk.
There is also the power pack mouse and TV cable, if I can find a spare RGB to Scart I will inclued that.
Please look at the pictures and if your interested feel free to PM me.

I will not split and the A600 is not for sale (Just Yet that could change):roll:
Albeit it is sold with a faulty floppy I am asking 65 + Postage + Paypal fees

ChrisUnionNJ
5th August 2011, 00:39
Ok Closed by your command..:thumbsup:

:coffee: