Review: CD32

Justin

Country
United Kingdom
Region
UK
Hi all,

I know that most of you guys have had or have a CD32 but this is a review for those peeps out there that haven't seen one in the flesh so to say.

anyhoo, i've had a CD32 for a little while now(thanks Jimbo(y)), and here is what i think.

Nice looking compact machine, cd lid feels flimsy and made from nasty thin plastic.

if you are going to use one of the amiga game compilation discs out there, then you can use an old Sega pad and it will feel like using a WHDLoad machine, and surprisingly it does it well:).

However if you are going to use it to play CD32 games or listen to music cds then you will NEED a CD32 or CD32 Honeybee controller!

most games you won't even be able to press the start button unless you have a CD32 controller (other pads and sticks just don't work, not enough buttons) so if you pick up a CD32 without a controller remember the controllers cost a lot!

Picture is acceptable through s-video (standard s-video out port on the back(y))

Music cds play well and the sound is pretty good (well through my amp it is anyway:p)

summary, great little machine for pick up quick gaming, better than an A600 for portability (no need to lug around a load of disks)

do i recommend buying one? well depends on if you have an amiga already, A500 - A600, why not? A1200 and above? i wouldn't bother.

no Amiga at all? well if you can find one at sensible price, then go for it and have fun:D

cheers, JuvUK

Attachments

• CD32.jpg
    CD32.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Boot screen.jpg
    Boot screen.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 4
  • cd audio.jpg
    cd audio.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 4
  • game pack.jpg
    game pack.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 8
  • ami.jpg
    ami.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Roadkill.jpg
    Roadkill.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 4
  • beheaded.jpg
    beheaded.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Totally agree with this review m8 well done.

It is a great little machine for whacking on and having a quick blast. The size etc does make this one awesome Amiga/Console. (y)

Great review mate, whats the racing game there?

I agree, its a great for just having a blast on games. Could have been made a little better but its a fairly sturdy machine. Would be awesome with an SX32 and a HDD with WHDLoad games crammed on it. But works great even with the
compilations out there on CD that run on a Vanilla machine.

Back
Top Bottom