PDA

View Full Version : Closed Dce scandoubler/flicker fixer

terexuk
7th August 2011, 17:46
Hi guys,

Bought this scandoubler off here a few months ago (origanal thread here:http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php?t=16265) but have now gone down the scart/lcd route

Asking the same as what i paid for it of 60 + 3 postage (uk)

this is for a 1200/4000 and is in perfect working order

Alkaron
7th August 2011, 18:20
You've got PM!

Question sent regarding compability with TFT/CRT monitors. It seems like this DCE-scandoubler has some problems with TFT/LCD-monitors..

johnim
7th August 2011, 19:21
Hi Alkaron you need to state that you are intrested in thread and not just send a pm
if the pm is for a question then ask in the thread also

terexuk
7th August 2011, 20:07
just too update Alkaron has decided not too proceed further with this so its still up for grabs

jman
18th September 2011, 11:21
Hello terexuk,

I'm declaring interest but I need a couple of info more.
I'd like to put it into an A4000D, is it compatible with that form factor? The Indivision AGA is not for example.
Second: is this a scandoubler *and* flickerfixer? The ScanMagic has been released in two versions, according to here (http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/scanmagicint).
Third: which LCD screen does it support? The original seller (the one you bought it from) declared to be tested with an Acer LCD, while Alkaron states that there are "issues". Should I expect the item to support with all the screenmodes an A4000 is able to? What's your experience in this regard?
I need an item to be working with code that handles custom copperlists, my LCD goes out of sync when I run my code (but the CRT does work).
So can you clarify this point?

Thanks for all the info. I preferred to post instead of a PM so everyone will make use of these info sooner of later.

mousehouse
19th September 2011, 09:19
The scandoubler comes from my A4000D when I sold it to terexuk, so yes... it will definitely work in your machine. AFAIK it is both a scan doubler and flicker fixer but it does not cover the AGA screen modes, you will loose colors when using full AGA.

Worked on my ACER 17-inch cheap-ass TFT as well as an Ilyama Vision Master Pro.

Given the lack of options for a decent SD/FF solution for the A4K a very nice add-on IMHO.

jman
19th September 2011, 11:00
@mousehouse: thanks for the info, I think I'll give it a try. Also thanks from terexuk for having helped him to sell the item :-)

PM en route...

mousehouse
19th September 2011, 12:18
You're welcome ;-) If you don't like it I'll consider buying it back!

AMG_GFX
19th September 2011, 14:45
I've been using one of these for a month or so. I've tried it on 3 LCD monitors with no problems. It isn't 24 bit but the scanned doubled and deinterlaced modes are very sharp and clear. I'm having some issues with my Video Toaster since I installed it but I also had the hard drive crash and have had to reinstall the Toaster Software and I'm not 100% sure the Flickermagic is at fault. For what these go for, they're well worth the money.

jman
22nd September 2011, 22:51
Hello,

I've sent two private messages to terexuk since when I declared my interest and as of yet I've received no response to both.
I'm not in a hurry to close the transaction of course, but I disattended the bid of the other Indivision SS/FF on purpose since I was on this item...

Thank for letting me know.

jman
28th September 2011, 09:18
terexuk,

are you even checking this forum?
I'm still waiting for an answer.

Zetr0
28th September 2011, 13:30
@jman

Have you tried emailing the member?

TerexUK last logged in on the 9th of September, so could be on Holiday.

jman
28th September 2011, 13:40
@jman

Have you tried emailing the member?

TerexUK last logged in on the 9th of September, so could be on Holiday.

Unless I missed it in his profile page, he did not share an email contact. I can only sent him pvt messages.

Zetr0
28th September 2011, 13:47
Ahhh I see, sorry about that, as staff I see all the contact details.

jman
9th October 2011, 18:16
Interest withdrawn due to seller disappearing in the mist.
Not very serious, if you ask me.

dc33
13th October 2011, 02:53
If it's still available I am declaring interest.
PM on its way