PDA

View Full Version : Partially Concluded: D-Box 1200 help

pankaujn
16th March 2009, 19:28
I acquired a D-Box 1200 on EBay and I want to know if the wiring is correct or if I even need the ATX to AT power converter. I ask because one of the wires coming off the bottom of the converter (the only one with red, blue, black, and yellow) appears to have been spliced in the middle and has an A1200 power supply fitting on the end which doesn't make sense because there is a power supply in the D-Box. I'd supply a picture but I don't see a way to post it on this forum. I will be using a mediator PCI 1200 TX busboard.

Jim

davideo
16th March 2009, 19:42
When replying to a post look below the Preview Submit Save Cancel buttons for upload attachment.

Browse for your picture and add the file.

Dave G 8)

pankaujn
16th March 2009, 19:58
There is no "upload attachment" below those buttons. I only see it on the For Sale or Wanted to Buy sections.

Jim

davideo
16th March 2009, 20:38
Jim,

Sorry - I've just checked and you're right. Apologies :oops:

Time for a MOD to step in I think :o

Dave G 8)

imnogeek
16th March 2009, 20:42
Hi pankaujn, youu are correct, it would seem that attachments are not available in this area.

You could upload to photobucket or similar then copy the image code in here like this..

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii77/c4all_storage/software/avatar.jpg
which does this..
http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii77/c4all_storage/software/avatar.jpg

or you could restart the thread in (or ask a MOD to move it to) photo booth until they make pictures available here (Zetr0) :?:

rkauer
16th March 2009, 23:10
Moved and mirrored.

Now you guys can post pictures on the thread.

Kin Hell
16th March 2009, 23:18
DEV's notified too!

Kin

pankaujn
17th March 2009, 16:12
I've uploaded a picture of the inside panel. As one can see, there are 3 remaining plastic supports. Most of the towers I've worked with in the past have had tabs with a plastic notch to hold the front to the case which does not appear to be the case (no pun intended) here. I may have to make my own supports if there is some type of glue strong enough to bond them with the case. I could then thread the case side with a metal screw. The whole designed seems kind of strange but then I have not seen a brand new case.

D-Box is out of stock on this model for the forseeable future.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.
Jim

Kin Hell
17th March 2009, 16:22
Yeah m8. Hot Glue! :D

& you could make some new posts from some round ABS plastic Section of required Diameter which is available in most model shops! Just drill & tap them with a self tapping screw before you Hot Glue them on. :wink:

My opinion of this case employed by Elbox is it's very cheap & nasty & the cost of them new is just way over the top. Pee Cee cases of this build quality can be got for as little as 20 & less, so why they feel the need to rob a std Pee Cee case to shoe horn a few nasty bits of metal plate in for the Amiga & then charge a rediculous price is beyond me! :wink:

Kin

pankaujn
19th March 2009, 21:35
I agree with Kin Hell. Fortunately I got a good deal on EBay so don't feel too bad. I've fixed the case and will move on to building my tower. Thanks for all of the comments. Please close this thread.

Kin Hell
19th March 2009, 21:49
Great news Jim, Cheers! :D

I've titled the thread accoringly for now. I have some input about this Product myself & from my side of the fence, I'm gunno be bringing some real values to the Amiga Community RE: this product! :wink:

Kin