PDA

View Full Version : Sold Amiga 1200 + 3.1 ROMS + 2GB CF hard drive

AmiNeo
16th August 2011, 19:03
Hey guys, my phone just died on me and I really need to get another ASAP due to pending interview opportunities and starting uni in 2 weeks. Unfortunately I dont have time to wait until my grant comes in either so need to raise about 100 or so to put toward what I have saved to get something decent that will last me a year or 2. Selling this with intention of buying another once I have access to my grant :D so just juggling possessions really.

And with that...
Here is my Amiga 1200! with 3.1 ROMs and 2GB CF hard drive with adaptor for sale.

Looking for 60 + 15 postage within UK (Would prefer UK only because of weight).

There is a very small chip in the top plastics, where the floppy drive is, the power LED recently gave out on me too so will need replacing. Think you can buy the whole unit pretty cheaply however, the other 2 work fine though. Keyboard is a bit yellowed as is top plastics but bottom plastics pretty white. Will supply with new screws in the case.

Otherwise pretty much all neat and complete, no damage to clips or anything. Mobo rev. 1D4 complete and solid.

I apologise for pics quality, the webcam on my netbook is all I have for pics at the moment.

Amigafanboi
16th August 2011, 19:44
What revision mobo is it?

AmiNeo
16th August 2011, 19:54
IMO the best, 1D4 :)

---------- Post added at 19:54 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

Revised description a bit for further detail. Pics added. :thumbsup:

Amigafanboi
16th August 2011, 20:11
Declaring interest and sending PM :thumbsup:

AmiNeo
16th August 2011, 20:23
Pm replied. Awaiting response. :thumbsup:

Megamix
16th August 2011, 20:24
Interested 2nd in line....

Take me out the lope will have to leave this for now

BLTCON0
16th August 2011, 21:15
@AmiNeo
Before you declare the power LED as dead, try resoldering the relevant contacts (LED legs, resistor, wire to motherboard) on the LED PCB.
Had a similar case with the floppy LED a while ago. When I took the LED PCB out for a check, I noticed that when I pressed the LED a bit hard onto the PCB it worked fine. Relaxing the pressure got it non-working again. "Cold" joint, so I resoldered and it has worked flawlessly ever since (actually I resoldered everything on the PCB just in case :) ).

AmiNeo
17th August 2011, 01:33
I'll take a closer look, thanks for the heads up :thumbsup:

Amigafanboi
17th August 2011, 10:28
Payment sent :)

AmiNeo
18th August 2011, 01:56
PM sent, will arrange post as soon as I've got some packaging to keep her safe :) :thumbsup:

AmiNeo
19th August 2011, 13:20
Hi mate. Took the afternoon off from everything to get this in the post for you today. Will be using 24 or 48 hour post depending on pricing. I could use parcel2go but that would require an extra day arranging and waiting for them to pick it up anyway so that'd be monday at the earliest.
I know you want this ASAP so I will do what I can toward 24 hour post unless the PO prices are too rediculous and then it'll have to be 48 hour which will be monday anyway. I'm willing to chip some toward it however to get it to you as fast as poss but can't afford to go too overboard with it. I'll see what I can do :thumbsup:

Amigafanboi
19th August 2011, 17:42
Thanks mate, i realy appreciate the extra effort :thumbsup:

AmiNeo
19th August 2011, 18:20
Posted today. Pm'ed with tracking number :thumbsup:

Hope she gets there in time for you.

Dont forget the prons! :p

Amigafanboi
20th August 2011, 21:41
Recieved today and packed well enough to survive armegeddon!

Leaving feedback.

AmiNeo
20th August 2011, 22:05
Lol, glad she got there intime :thumbsup:

Feedback left in return!

Thanks again. :)

johnim
20th August 2011, 22:13
nice 1 guys will close for you

johnim
14th September 2011, 07:22
reopenend by request of AmiNeo (http://www.amibay.com/member.php?u=2604)

AmiNeo
14th September 2011, 19:13
@ Amigafanboi - I have had the thread reopened so we can discuss the issues here :)

I'm sorry to hear you are having crackly sound with the A1200.
You left feedback on the 20th of August and also told me you'd be testing it that night. The Amiga was working flawlessly for me right up until it left my hands and was packaged well, as stated by your own feedback. I can only assume its either somehow been damaged in the post or you are using a failing or not high enough wattage PSU for the A1200.

I have not been on Amibay for a few weeks due to final stages of Uni application and all my business here being resolved, I hadnt checked my PMs either. But since you didnt inform me until the 6th of this fault I am unsure what I could have done about this for you either way.

As advised in the PM, please try using a more powerful PSU, as it may just be the result of a weak voltage flow through the sound circuit. This is especially true if you happen to be using an accellerator as the standard amiga PSUs arent designed with the wattage to power those aswell.

Hopefully we can atleast get this problem resolved for you. I am not an unfair person and would like to get to the bottom of this.

Please respond here and perhaps some of the guys here can help out too. :thumbsup:

AmiNeo
25th September 2011, 05:21
Mods can close this again. Amigafanboi appears to have figured out the issue and is happy with the situation so far as the transaction is concerned.

Thanks!

Amigafanboi
25th September 2011, 09:49
I didn't even notice you'd opened the thread again :roll:

Can i just state that Amineo has been 100% fully genuine on this sale and it's the totaly different setup that has exposed this problem, it would not have materialised in Amineos setup configuration.

Anyway 10 mins soldering this morning and all is well.

Thanks again Amineo :thumbsup:

AmiNeo
25th September 2011, 17:28
No probs, thanks for the high praise and I'm glad you got it sorted! :lol:

:thumbsup: