PDA

View Full Version : Closed White roller for tank mouse

lewism
18th August 2011, 19:46
This is random - but does anybody have a little white roller to suit an amiga tank mouse?

I was cleaning a disgustingly filthy mouse that came with an A500+ I recently acquired, and the roller popped off and went down the sink before I could stop it :(

It's the "spare" roller that you see when you open the bottom of the mouse and remove the ball - it fits on the spindle in the attached image:

http://www.thebackwoods.co.uk/~lewis/amiga/images/spindle.png

Fingers crossed somebody has an old dead PC mouse with something that will fit? :)

BLTCON0
19th August 2011, 02:55
Maybe something like this? (see photos)

This is NOT originally used as a roller. It comes from an old mini Vaio notebook and was used as a support pad for a staircased-rear IBM drive. When I replaced the drive I had to remove it for the new drive to properly fit.

I don't even know why I kept it, but if the indicated measurements (all in millimetres) suit your needs, the universe knows why. Sadly my tank mouse is the Hong-Kong type with a different, metal roller, so I can't effectively compare.

If you can't find anything better, yours for postage.

EDIT: Should have used PNG. Numbers are:
Photo1: 1+ 5-- 1+
Photo2: 2.5
Photo3: 2.5 2 2.5

Jon Hare
19th August 2011, 05:54
I could send you a broken, but complete tank mouse for the cost of postage, which is 3,50 to UK. If you need that, just PM me :)

ChrisUnionNJ
19th August 2011, 07:20
15800 Jon Hare 15800

lewism
19th August 2011, 10:09
@BLTCON0

Thanks very much for doing the research, looks almost perfect but I _think_ the 7mm diameter is going to be slightly too big to sit in that space :(

@Jon Hare

Broken tank mouse would be ideal, thanks for the very kind offer. PM on its way :)

BLTCON0
19th August 2011, 12:53
@lewism
Yep, quite possible, that's why I measured it since I couldn't directly compare with my mouse.
But Jon Hare comes to the rescue :thumbsup:
(Just make sure it isn't the old type mouse, like mine!)