AmiBayer
Rating - 100%
67   0   1
Country
Canada
Region
Edmonton, Alberta,
Hi all,
Ok here is the odd request. If this against site rules please than disregard.
Right now all of my Amiga's are in the process of getting upgraded and all apart, so I have no way of getting the following software off the net or Aminet.
I need sysinfo 3.24
drivers for Commodore A2630
Commodore A2091
Xsurf
Boing bags 1234
better WB (same site as Boing Bags)
Picasso 2 drivers

If someone could download this and make floppies and send them my way, Of course I would pay for time postage floppies etc
Please and thanks etc

Last edited:
Thanks, I know exactly WHERE to get it, I have absolutely no way of transferring it to floppies, hence the request.
I also know HOW to make the floppies again I have no way of doing it, so I am asking if someone COULD do this and I would gladly pay for time floppies, postage etc.

Thanks, I know exactly WHERE to get it, I have absolutely no way of transferring it to floppies, hence the request.
I also know HOW to make the floppies again I have no way of doing it, so I am asking if someone COULD do this and I would gladly pay for time floppies, postage etc.
I'm certain there's a program on Aminet that transfers disk images onto a floppy but I've forgotten what it was called now. I'll hunt about for it but I'd be surprised if someone cant help you out with this.

@quarkx

If these were put onto a CD and an iso created and emailed to you - would you be able to do what you want then? Or is it floppies ONLY?

Dave G :cool:

He doesn't have any working Amigas. Having been in this situation enough times, I know exactly why he's asking for what he's asking for.

It's all about bootstrapping. The way I did it was with CrossDOS and a USB floppy drive on my laptop. Download the files from 'net on to laptop. Write to a PC-formatted DS-DD disk, mount on Amiga using CrossDOS, copy contents to RAM:, write to Amiga-formatted DS-DD disk. Start with lha.run, then transadf.lha, then whatever .ADFs you want to write.

Alternatively, get someone to post you some floppies! ;)

I'd offer to do it, but it'd probably be cheaper and quicker if you can find someone local. If nobody else is around, send me a link to what stuff you want downloaded and floppy-ified and I'll see what I can do!

@quarkx, I've got a batch of DSDD floppies on their way in the mail. When they get here, I should be able to help you out (we're on the same side of the pond anyway).

He doesn't have any working Amigas.
I think he does. He said they are being upgraded.

He said he has no way of getting the data from the PC to the Amiga. Hence the suggestion of AmigaExplorer which can install itself from the PC end on the Amiga with just a serial cable and any workbench floppy / hard disk.

Another alternative and faster way would be to take the hard drive out of the Amiga and put it in the PC via a cheap PCI SCSI card, install everything on the PC using WinUAE and then put it back in.

He doesn't have any working Amigas.
I think he does. He said they are being upgraded.

He said he has no way of getting the data from the PC to the Amiga. Hence the suggestion of AmigaExplorer which can install itself from the PC end on the Amiga with just a serial cable and any workbench floppy / hard disk.

Another alternative and faster way would be to take the hard drive out of the Amiga and put it in the PC via a cheap PCI SCSI card, install everything on the PC using WinUAE and then put it back in.

A perfectly sane approach. I would do this myself, except that I don't own a PC. :LOL:

I am probably missing something but you can just format a DD floppy in a pc and put the stuff on that (perhaps compressed over several floppies) and then read that on your amiga cant you ?

no....very short answer is Amiga disks are formatted to 880k, PC DD disks format to 720k (leaving aside encoding and track sectoring)

I am probably missing something but you can just format a DD floppy in a pc and put the stuff on that (perhaps compressed over several floppies) and then read that on your amiga cant you ?

no....very short answer is Amiga disks are formatted to 880k, PC DD disks format to 720k (leaving aside encoding and track sectoring)

Well, yes you can, but you need CrossDOS to read the PC floppy disks and you can't do a lot of stuff directly from the PC disk, you'd need to transfer things to an Amiga disk to make it work.

Hmm I could have sworn I just used to mount pc0: and be able to use a pc disk just like an amiga disk, but then again, its been soooooo long hehe (perhaps I should search my amiga's to see if I didnt have some special filesystem)

all i can tell you is my a1000 and a500 all seem to say DF0:BAD DISK when i stick a pc formatted disk in

in theory since the pc format is smaller than the amiga one it should be possible, which i guess it is since crossdos works...

but that was my understanding anyways (in my search to transfer ADFs from my pc to my amigas) that you needed other software to make it work (just like BBR on the c64)

a null modem cable and amiga explorer proved the easiest solution in the end it seemed.

--

ah i see what i was doing wrong, the disks have to be properly mounted on the amiga.... thats what the mount pc0: is about.....you basically have to tell it to mount a pc formatted disk (?)

i also am on WB1.3 on both my systems, i gather that has partly something to do with it....

Last edited:
I'd offer too - but like AndyLandy I'm in the UK - so you'd be waiting around a while for them to arrive - or be paying a fortune for speedier shipping!

@ everybody
First of all thanks, Yes , all of my machines are in pieces waiting for varous parts, upgrades etc. I was going to use amiga explorer, but none of my PC's have serial ports any more. Heck, I was just going to use the CF card of my laptop, but my new laptop only has SD:Doh: (oh, and no SCSI CD drives running, so even a burned CD is out- I thought of that first)
@jlewsp4
Thanks, Not a huge rush
I have been swapped at work this week, so I can't even touch the A2500 yet, and of course most of the drivers are for that.Still trying to find even a Decent floppy drive for that is seeming to be a bit of a chore, even though I have stacks of floppy drives around.
Trust me, I knew that all this debate would come up for such a simple request. I hesitated about a week even on even asking it:whistle:
I ordered one of the "super" disk cleaners Amigkit has yesterday, so hopefully that will bring up a drive.
Oh and once the tower is online, I still need the driver of the X-surf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom