...is there some beer left?
AmiBayer
Blogger
Country
Canada
Region
Montreal / QC
the following scenario:

i connected via usb2ide a 4gb ide disk on my pc and added the drive in winua. i setup it in the hd toolbox, created and formatted partitions and installed os3.1 on it.

everything works so far fine in winua.

i prepared this drive because a have just a 19" crt 30khz and up available for the coming machine. So i putted in "Devs/Monitors" > VGAonly and removed the other.my question is, will this drive work and boot also, when i plug it into my coming A4k? and if it boots, will i see something on the screen? ...otherwise i don't know how to check, if the machine finally works until i have a gfx-card and/or scandoubler or A520.

:coffee:

You'll need also DBLNTSC and select this mode (and save) to work on your upcoming telly. The only other screen mode that will work flawlessly is VGA-productivity.

Notice that games and any program that opens its own resolution will not work at all if the monitor is not capable of 15kHz of horizontal frequency.

Also PAL modes are a big no-no for you (as in most games) because most actual TV units & monitors cannot show 50Hz of vertical refresh.

thank you. Just a question, why also DBLNTC? VGAonly alone don't do the job?

Notice that games and any program that opens its own resolution will not work at all if the monitor is not capable of 15kHz of horizontal frequency.

i know, but thats ok for now. i just want to see for now, what is in and if everything works.

got it, but "Multiscan 640×480 - 640×960 60 Hz, 31.44 kHz" should work also or?

thank you. Just a question, why also DBLNTC? VGAonly alone don't do the job?

My memory's rusty on this stuff, but i *think* VGAOnly isn't a monitor driver as such, but a filter that weeds out modes a VGA monitor can't display. Hence you need a driver for a mode your monitor *can* display, as well as VGAOnly.

I think.

So yes, the multiscan modes should be fine.

great, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom