fatboy_2001

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Country
england
Region
london
r e a l long shot here . .

anyone got / seen one of these about ? zoom 5001, surfboard sb4000 etc.

fb.

bumping this one as just seen one on ebay but seller was unwilling to transact out of us. bit odd, but . .

the diffrence between hard & soft

A software modem (aka Winmodem) is a modem that can connects to your PCI slot and uses Windows to do all it's main functions. It uses your computer to process the data that the modem receives, which can slow down your downloading times and raise latency.

A hardware modem can either connect to a PCI slot or connected to your computer via serial/USB. Hardware modems have their own on-board controllers, so your computer doesn't do as much work. Hardware modems normally provide better compression of downloads and lower ping times.

nope, these are pci internal cable modems. went out of fashion yonks ago - i guess because people have to worry about lightning strikes and power oddities on the incoming cable line in the us.

none the less, would like something of the kind as am one of those linux bozo's that doesnt like the small, efficient & well thought 'out all in one' items given away by the service provider- and has to build everything himself out of cheap unreliable commodity parts.

so i guess i'm in good company here at amibay ( ? )

any ideas anyone ?

fb.

looking for an internal type. already got a little lump from virgin but want to reduce the device clutter some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom